Windows 10: installing an old printer on win 10

Discus and support installing an old printer on win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I want to install a canon laser shot lbp1120 printer on my pc with win 10 but actually can't find a driver for that, how should I do, its any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ehsan 84355, Apr 7, 2021.

1. installing an old printer on win 10

Hi, I want to install a canon laser shot lbp1120 printer on my pc with win 10 but actually can't find a driver for that, how should I do, its any way to install it?

:)

ehsan 84355, Apr 7, 2021
  2. dogfonos Win User

Old printer installation gives Status:Error

Denis - I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by: " I suggest you click on your Start menu's HP group..."

However, I carried out your steps 2 and 3 and removed the printer then restarted the PC and the printer returned so nothing achieved. Could you please elaborate on step 1, thanks.

dogfonos, Apr 7, 2021
  3. CountMike Win User
    I Can't Install an old USB HP PSC printer to my Win 10 Dell Desktop

Which exact PSC printer do you have ?

installing an old printer on win 10 [​IMG]

installing an old printer on win 10 [​IMG]

These are just some I found in the list.

CountMike, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

installing an old printer on win 10

Old printer installation gives Status:Error

1 I suggest you click on your Start menu's HP group, right-click on the printer's entry within that and select Uninstall. I'd also suggest rebooting when that is done. That should do all that needs to be be done.

2 But then check Settings, Devices, Printers & scanners and select the device if it is shown and click on Remove the device. Again I'd suggest rebooting when that is done.

3 Then check
    Start menu,
    Windows system,
    Control panel,
    {set this to View by - Small/Large icons, just so you can see all the entries},
    Devices & printers,
    select the device if it is shown,
    right-click on the device & select Remove device.
    Again I'd suggest rebooting when that is done.

Steps 2 & 3 should not be needed in a perfect world.

I would not go any further in removing drivers than what these steps have accomplished.

1 The downloaded version will be the most up-to-date version available. It will definitely run because it will be an exe file but do remember to use 'compatibility mode' as explained above.
    2 Yes, "for Windows 98, Me, 2000 Pro and XP" is what I'd expect it to be.

Denis

Try3, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

installing an old printer on win 10

1. installing an old printer on win 10 - Similar Threads - installing old printer

2. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  3. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  4. old canon zr800 install/capture in win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    old canon zr800 install/capture in win 10: I am trying to get my old Canon ZR800 camera to work w/ Windows 10. When I first attached it, I made the grave error of inadvertently selecting the Nero malware supposed to help, not hinder. I have uninstalled all the Nero apps and even Seagate as this seems to be somehow...
  5. Old printer installation gives Status:Error

Old printer installation gives Status:Error: Would appreciate help with getting an old HP Photosmart 8450 printer working in W10 - if that's possible. It is connected by USB cable to my Win10 Pro 32 bit (Build 18363) desktop PC. Beware: I may be using some incorrect terminology - I'm new to this... I've spent a day...
  6. Install the old MS PhotoEd in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install the old MS PhotoEd in Win 10?: Win10 1909 (18363.628) x64 I still want the extremely simple and effective functionality that MS Photo Editor provides (photoed.exe from old Office versions). I have an x64 installer somebody made for Win7 (worked perfectly in Win7) and tested installing it into Win10 ~ it...
  7. Install Old Printer Drivers

Install Old Printer Drivers: I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation. The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no...
  8. WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer: I uninstalled the software for my old printer HP C4700. But Windows keeps trying to get access to this old printer. I receive the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." The system wants me to select a source for installation...
  9. Install old printer software to Win10

Install old printer software to Win10: I use a Samsung SCX-4100 printer, that I plugged in to my laptop running Windows 10. But I cannot install Samsung SCX-4100 Series software because it is too old. How can I install it or where can I find newer software to enable my printer?...
  10. bsod win 10 clean install , old dell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod win 10 clean install , old dell: hello, hope someone can help. upgraded a vista machine to win7, then updated to win10, then clean installed win 10. worked ok for a few days but now bsod every 20 minutes or so. I get watchdog violation. have updated bios and NVidia drivers plus everything else I can think...