Windows 10: Installing an older version of Windows Defender...

Discus and support Installing an older version of Windows Defender... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version 1909 What will happen if I download an older version of Windows defender now that I have a newer version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Blackink, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Blackink Win User

Installing an older version of Windows Defender...

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version 1909
    What will happen if I download an older version of Windows defender now that I have a newer version installed? Will the newer version still take precedence and NOT install the older version?

I ran into the same problem as others did from that last Defender update a couple of days ago where the icon was showing a red symbol and I couldn't "fix" the problem by restarting my PC so I went back to an earlier restore point before the update was done.

That fixed that problem and then I did more research on this forum and found where I could just download the newest version of a Windows Defender update without going through the "Windows Update" process.
    That worked OK but now I have an older version of Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 (Version 1.313.1752.0) waiting to be installed through the "Windows Update" settings, along with several updates for Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, etc...

I don't see a way to not select that KB2267602 Windows Defender if I want to get those other Microsoft Office updates.
    So my question is what I opened this thread with: Can I just install all of those Windows updates waiting to be installed including the older version of Windows defender?

Thanks for any help,
    Steve in Central Vermont

:)

Blackink, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Yes. Windows update will not install an older definition over your newer one. It will report that there was 'a problem installing the update, would you like to try again?' and after that will correctly report that you are up to date.

3. Blackink Win User

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version 1909
    What will happen if I download an older version of Windows defender now that I have a newer version installed? Will the newer version still take precedence and NOT install the older version?

I ran into the same problem as others did from that last Defender update a couple of days ago where the icon was showing a red symbol and I couldn't "fix" the problem by restarting my PC so I went back to an earlier restore point before the update was done.

That fixed that problem and then I did more research on this forum and found where I could just download the newest version of a Windows Defender update without going through the "Windows Update" process.
    That worked OK but now I have an older version of Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 (Version 1.313.1752.0) waiting to be installed through the "Windows Update" settings, along with several updates for Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, etc...

I don't see a way to not select that KB2267602 Windows Defender if I want to get those other Microsoft Office updates.
    So my question is what I opened this thread with: Can I just install all of those Windows updates waiting to be installed including the older version of Windows defender?

Thanks for any help,
    Steve in Central Vermont

Blackink, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Installing an older version of Windows Defender...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Installing an older version of Windows Defender... - Similar Threads - Installing older version

2. Windows Defender In Older Windows Version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender In Older Windows Version: After end of support, is windows defender in control panel still green not red long time? For windows Xp, 7 and 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-in-older-windows-version/3c8a9a2c-40c4-4b2d-9b51-7802bc4d8b5a
  3. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  4. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  5. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  6. Older Windows Version

Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  7. Download Tool Installed Older Version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Tool Installed Older Version?: The Background: Have an HP mini-tower purchased in 2018, with Win 10 Home 64-bit pre-installed. Windows Updates downloaded and installed with no problems—until V2004 May2020. This update failed repeatedly. Stuck on V1909?The Situation: Over the past year, I've tried tons of...
  8. Cannot install an older version of Windows 10

Cannot install an older version of Windows 10: Hey y'all, I've had a very difficult time over the past two days simply trying to get an older, more compatible version of Windows 10 for my laptop. I need to install Windows 10, so naturally I went to download the Media Creation Tool. I ran it, and upon booting up the...
  9. Install an older version of Windows 10

Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...
  10. How to install a older version of Apps?

How to install a older version of Apps?: Hi, I need to install a previous version of Microsoft Sticky Notes, last version is not good. Where to find it and Download it? Thanks 68878