Windows 10: Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...

Discus and support Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to download and install Intel Graphics Update 20.19.15.5107 because HP Support Assistant said to, but the download from the HP website kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alan515, May 22, 2020.

1. Alan515 Win User

Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...

I wanted to download and install Intel Graphics Update 20.19.15.5107 because HP Support Assistant said to, but the download from the HP website kept failing. The HP download sites seem to be all messed up. Then I used the "new EDGE" to search for this update. It was listed, but all the listings were for non-Intel and non-Microsite sites.

I went to the Microsoft Update Catalog and searched, and it was listed five times. I chose the one with the latest date, and after one try failed, it downloaded completely, but nothing happened to let me install it.

I looked in my "download file" and there was a long string of letters and numbers, the same as the blue link I had to "click on" to start the download after I had selected the latest version of the download. It has .cab at the end of it. I deleted the part of the first version that failed. The completed version is there showing the same size as the version I selected and downloaded.

Now, how do I install it into Windows 10. I tried double-clicking on the line of letters and numbers, and that opens a whole page of pictures and notations, but there are no instructions as to how to install it. I have an HP EliteBook 840 G2.

How do I install this Intel Graphics Update 20.19.15.5107 it into Windows 10? Is it possible from what I have in my "download file."

:)

Alan515, May 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Installing update after downloading it through Microsoft Update Catalog

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

There is no need to install update separately it will be automatically installed when you download the update, I suggest you to go to Control panel and check whether the update is installed are not.

Follow the steps to check for Update.

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Click on View installed updates.

• Check for the Update in the list.

Keep us posted on the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, May 22, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

Another way:
    Download WHDownloader (Windows Hotfix Downloader) 2.2
    Unzip to desktop or where ever then run.

1. Download the KB's list from catalog. Should run when starting the program to get the latest list.
    2. Select Office/Windows edition
    3. Put check mark(s) to select the KB's
    4. Download Updates.
    NOTE: The KB's with huge file size are normally the cumulative updates from one version to next. If you are currently running 1607 then you'd need to run the KB for 1073 first then run the next one (1709), The rest of the KB's are security updates, Flash Updates etc...

Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder... [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 22, 2020
  4. Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...

Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...

1. Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder... - Similar Threads - Installing update Microsoft

2. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  3. Installing .cab download from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which went into the Download Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing .cab download from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which went into the Download Folder: I successfully downloaded an Intel Graphics Update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which automatically went into the "download file," as a long string of letters and numbers, which at the end says.cab, and has it the same size listed as was shown in the Microsoft Update...
  4. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....
  5. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....
  6. Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site: winver = 1709 OSBuild 16299.125 Arch = 64bit I've installed this version of win 10 and am trying to install the latest cumulative update from the microsoft catalog site aka https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. I did a search for "windows 10 1709 cumulative x64" the top...
  7. Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems installing updates from Microsoft Catalog Site: winver = 1709 OSBuild 16299.125 Arch = 64bit I've installed this version of win 10 and am trying to install the latest cumulative update from the microsoft catalog site aka https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com. I did a search for "windows 10 1709 cumulative x64" the top...
  8. Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?: Hello everyone! After struggling with the 0x80080008 error while checking for updates in the Settings tab, I decided to visit the Microsoft Update Catalog to download it manually. I did a Google search of the August 2019 KB number and I have a question regarding my OS. It had...
  9. How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?: As I encounter problems with my Lan driver Realtek and Windows 10 Pro 64, somone on the forum said me to download the last version from Microsoft update catalog which seems the good one. So I downloaded the driver but it is a .cab file. When I unpacked the files I obtain...
  10. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: How to: Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog [img] Information Most users obtain Windows Updates automatically through the Windows Update Service (aka WUS). Sometimes, however, an update may fail to download or install properly. At other...