Windows 10: Installing anbox on wsl 2

Discus and support Installing anbox on wsl 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Tried to run android apps on wsl using anbox worked fine on my desk following a reddit guide but doesn't work on my laptop with the newer ms linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adyanrehan, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Installing anbox on wsl 2

Tried to run android apps on wsl using anbox worked fine on my desk following a reddit guide but doesn't work on my laptop with the newer ms linux kernel.Says dkms can't locate the binder and ashmem modules for some reason.tried kernel source dir doesn't work.Also question might seem of topic but trying to improve wsl.talked to people on various forums and said u have to talk to ms.

Installing anbox on wsl 2 4e9144e9-d6d8-48d2-b304-9d0b6b6c920f?upload=true.png

:)

adyanrehan, Apr 10, 2021

2. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Apr 10, 2021
  3. NickJP Win User
    Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2

After installing the Win10 2004 build 19041 update (running winver shows "version 2004 (OS build 19041.388)", I've tried to upgrade a couple of installed distros I had in WSL version 1 to WSL version 2 following the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10. All the steps in the instructions compete successfully, up to the point where I try to change the WSL version of one of the installed distros to 2 at which point I see the messages below:

Code:
    I have enabled the Virtual Machine Platform feature (it shows as on with a tick against it in Control Panel Windows features), Intel-vt virtualization is enabled in the BIOS, and running msinfo32 shows, at the bottom of the system summary listing:

Code:
    I also tried installing another distro with the WSL default version set to 2, but attempting to launch it shows the error:

Code:
    Any suggestions on how to get around this problem? From what I've read, WSL2 gives worthwhile speed increases over WSL1, and so is worth using if I can get it to work.

NickJP, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Installing anbox on wsl 2

WSL

Version 2 of WSL uses a new lightweight utility virtual machine capability. To enable the lightweight virtual machine and WSL, you need to enable two Windows features: Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

To enable these features via the user interface (UI), press the Windows key and enter Windows Features, then click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    When the Windows Features dialog appears, check the boxes for Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

If you want to make version 2 the default for any Linux distros you install then run the following command:

Code:
    Now you can install Linux distro from Microsoft Store it will be running version 2 of WSL.

A distro can be converted between versions of WSL after installation. To achieve this, you use the wsl --set-version command.

This command takes two arguments:

• The name of the distro to update
    • The version to convert it to

An example of converting the Ubuntu distro to version 2 is shown here:

Code:
    Execute wsl --list --verbose versions of WSL installed distro.

FreeBooter, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Installing anbox on wsl 2

1. Installing anbox on wsl 2 - Similar Threads - Installing anbox wsl

2. Upgrade to WSL 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to WSL 2: I installed WSL using `wsl --install`. It installed WSL 1 not 2. In the meantime I loaded Ubuntu and made several customizations there. Can I upgrade to WSL 2 and preserve this Ubuntu dstribution?...
  3. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  4. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  5. WSL 2 distro installation failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL 2 distro installation failure: Installation of WSL 2 distros fails with error Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed. I also cannot run Hyper-V...
  6. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  7. WSL 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL 2: I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling etc etc lags...Please...
  8. SSH to wsl 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSH to wsl 2: Anyone know how to get ssh to work in windows wsl 2? I've followed some guides, but I'm still getting connection refused when I try to ssh into my windows ip, or it just hangs when I ssh into the wsl ip submitted by /u/MrDroo [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot install WSL 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install WSL 2: I'm running build 18945.1001. I installed Windows Subsystem for Linux from the store as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10. I can go to the store, click Debian, click Launch and get a Bash terminal. I rebooted, ran Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature...
  10. WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL 1 to WSL 2 Upgrade: Been using Windows Subsytem for Linux for some time. How do I get it upgrade to WSL 2. 132527

Users found this page by searching for:

1. anbox wsl2

2. WSL2 anbox