Windows 10: Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players

Discus and support Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Are there any good tutorials or instructions for configuring lavfilters and madVR plugins on VLC, MPC and other media players? Which media players have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bamajon1974, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players

Are there any good tutorials or instructions for configuring lavfilters and madVR plugins on VLC, MPC and other media players? Which media players have FFMPEG included? Are there any new versions of MadVR plugins? This plugin has not been updated in quite some time.

Thanks!

:)

bamajon1974, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Issues with VLC Media Player

Ditto on that. Don't know why people still insist on VLC. If you didn't already install the MadVR plugin then try it.

Setup takes a little work. You'll need to download madVR and unzip it somewhere safe (you can't delete the folder later);run Install.bat as an administrator; run madHcCtrl.exe to access your settings.

Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players [​IMG]

Choose madVR as the video renderer in PotPlayer

Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players [​IMG]
    Once that's out of the way, madVR will be used for all playback, and you can start trying out its various processing, scaling and rendering options.

Callender, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Apr 25, 2020
  4. naoan Win User

Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players

Media Center - Sempron 3000+ not powerful enough?

Try using sophisticated codec like lavfilter, ffdshow (both free), or coreavc ($13).

Here's a good guide for setting up the codec with media player, just go straight to the "Setup guide for MPC-HC + madVR" section

Hi10P Info / Guide - Haruhichan

naoan, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players

1. Installing and Configuring MadVR and LavFilters on media players - Similar Threads - Installing Configuring MadVR

2. Media Player be installed on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player be installed on Windows 11.: Can Windows Media Player be installed on Windows 11? I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 11 but it has no media player for CD's. Or, is there another recommended play option?...
  3. Media Player be installed on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player be installed on Windows 11.: Can Windows Media Player be installed on Windows 11? I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 11 but it has no media player for CD's. Or, is there another recommended play option?...
  4. can not install windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not install windows media player: when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?...
  5. can not install windows media player

can not install windows media player: when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?...
  6. Windows Media Player freezez on install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player freezez on install: Something went wrong with Windows Media player. So I uninstalled it.Went to reinstall and it hangs half-way through.Tried installing it in Safe Mode and it fails.Thoughts?...
  7. how to install karaoke on media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to install karaoke on media player: how to load karaoke on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-karaoke-on-media-player/7c862e10-63cd-469a-9b9b-330b8e053fe8
  8. windows media player is not properly installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media player is not properly installed: windows media player says it is not properly installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-is-not-properly-installed/f03c7e5c-e49d-4dac-935d-ccc82e72ca02"
  9. Installing Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Windows Media Player: I was copying CDs to mp3 format to my Music folder on my PC. I have a read/write cd/dvd drive. Somehow (probably stupidly) I uninstall Windows Media Player and can't figure out how to get it back. I have search on the web and tried numerous things. Can you Help....
  10. Media Player Classic Installation Stuck

Media Player Classic Installation Stuck: Hello Everyone , just updated my os from win 7 to 10, till now no problem , unless with k-lite codec i installed it, i can launch it , and it works without problem but installation stuck at 100% see picture below 49531