Windows 10: Installing and uninstalling a game

Discus and support Installing and uninstalling a game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed wolfenstein 2009 and there was a problem with it so i uninstalled it restarted the pc but when i try to install it it just says do i want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mickmouse, Apr 6, 2021.

1. mickmouse Win User

Installing and uninstalling a game

I installed wolfenstein 2009 and there was a problem with it so i uninstalled it restarted the pc but when i try to install it it just says do i want to uninstall the game when it already has been uninstalled...

:)

mickmouse, Apr 6, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Installing and uninstalling a game :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 6, 2021
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Installing and uninstalling a game

Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Installing and uninstalling a game

1. Installing and uninstalling a game - Similar Threads - Installing uninstalling game

2. Gaming servies can't install properly after uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming servies can't install properly after uninstalling.: I uninstalled it thinking it was only used for game bar oops and not its listed as 8 kb in settings, and everytime I play a xbox app game I get redirected to its page in the microsoft store.I've tried everything in these 2 3 by proxy...
  3. Games not uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Games not uninstalling.: Last month, I installed destiny 2 on my PC through the Xbox store, but I wanted to get the steam version instead, so I uninstalled it and installed the steam version. However, the ~86 gb that the game takes up weren't freed from my pc. When I went into programfiles to check,...
  4. Games not uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not uninstalling.: Last month, I installed destiny 2 on my PC through the Xbox store, but I wanted to get the steam version instead, so I uninstalled it and installed the steam version. However, the ~86 gb that the game takes up weren't freed from my pc. When I went into programfiles to check,...
  5. Games not uninstalling.

6. uninstall game

uninstall game: not able to uninstall its showing directory not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-game/c5de798e-f465-497e-aa35-323334fa886c
  7. uninstall game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstall game: not able to uninstall its showing directory not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-game/c5de798e-f465-497e-aa35-323334fa886c
  8. Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games: I got Xbox Game Pass the other day and played Forza just fine for a few hours while I had Sea of Thieves download. Yesterday I played Forza and didn't realize that the game that I had started downloading when I started playing, Outer Worlds, had failed to download until the...
  9. Uninstalled game does not require PIN to install again

Uninstalled game does not require PIN to install again: In Microsoft Store once a game has been installed and then later uninstalled by the parent it no longer requires a PIN to re-install the same game by the child. Is there a fix for this?...
  10. Can't install game after uninstall.

Can't install game after uninstall.: I recently downloaded Wolfenstein 2: The new colossus from Windows store and played it couple times. One day it didn't just open. I tried everything but nothing worked. So one thread said that i need to go to Settings > Apps > Apps and properties and find the game go to more...