Windows 10: Installing any mobile drivers results in "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Discus and support Installing any mobile drivers results in "The device cannot start. (Code 10)" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue with installing any kind of android drivers, for example Android ADB drivers from google, MTK drivers or any other manufacturer's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PenguinPero, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Installing any mobile drivers results in "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I have an issue with installing any kind of android drivers, for example Android ADB drivers from google, MTK drivers or any other manufacturer's drivers. I get the error "The device cannot start. (Code 10) The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device."

I'm running Windows 10 Education 1083 build 17134.345

I've tried many things and non of them worked.

For example: Updating drivers themselves, disable/enable usb drivers, Troubleshoot > Hardware and devices and so on..

I've also tried Windows USB Troubleshooter and the result is: "The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed. The USB Controller must be installed or in a working.."

Here is a screenshot of what the issue is:

Installing any mobile drivers results in "The device cannot start. (Code 10)" bb2a34de-3b04-458b-895a-1fb47666f259?upload=true.png

BR,

Josip

:)

PenguinPero, Oct 14, 2018
  2. StefanM Win User

Alienware R4 M290x Code 43 HELP

Advice from Microsoft: Graphics device driver error code 43

StefanM, Oct 14, 2018
  3. The_Ish Win User
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Long story short, I wanted to install 11.8 driver. I uninstalled, did a driver sweep etc. All the stuff I normally do. Except I got a ton of problems with 11.8. At first it wont install, and just crashed the install manager. I update Visal C++ and get a bit further, then it hangs at something else I can't remember what it was. So I went into device manager and saw this.
    I thought, shit, my card is fried! So I switched them up, but it still gave me the exact same problem.

I'm gonna try 11.7 again and see if that works, and if not.. Well I need some suggestions :/

The_Ish, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Hirodato Win User

Installing any mobile drivers results in "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Before i did all in place upgrade the previous it works fine except the windows got so many corrupt updates
    but after i did upgrade win10 build i got this problem error 28
    so it means that the missing driver is because the driver is not compatible with this windows version?

so i dont think step 5 in the link will the problem? because the hardware works fine in the previous windows version/build
    already did step 1 to reboot but the problem still exist
    and for step 4 i already check win update but no result,did searching but didnt found the patch/pack to solve this problem

as for step 2 and 3, i hope you can guide me how to find the driver. im tootaly noob here. i dont even the function of each driver that i downloaded. is it intel chippset driver that cause this problem?
    Sony Asia Pacific
    there is plenty driver in the list but i didnt know which is the right one

Attachment 61334

^the problem, everytime i plug a device on the usb hub, it will appear on the unknown device

Hirodato, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Installing any mobile drivers results in "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"

1. Installing any mobile drivers results in "The device cannot start. (Code 10)" - Similar Threads - Installing mobile drivers

2. Error while installing drivers. Error code 10 Device cannot start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while installing drivers. Error code 10 Device cannot start.: Hello, community.while I installing the INTEL R AUDIO DISPLAY DRIVERS, it shows me an error. The error is *THIS DEVICE CAN NOT START. CODE 10.*How to solve this. I already had done many things to resolve the issue from internet articles but everything was in vain and no...
  3. Error while installing drivers. Error code 10 Device cannot start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error while installing drivers. Error code 10 Device cannot start.: Hello, community.while I installing the INTEL R AUDIO DISPLAY DRIVERS, it shows me an error. The error is *THIS DEVICE CAN NOT START. CODE 10.*How to solve this. I already had done many things to resolve the issue from internet articles but everything was in vain and no...
  4. This device cannot start. (code 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This device cannot start. (code 10): While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself. After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my keyboard wasnt working. Booting it up takes longer now. There is a yellow triangle next to to the Standard PS/2 Keyboard in...
  5. Device Cannot Start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Cannot Start Code 10.: Hi guys. Need some help. My Bose Soundtouch speaker had worked away quite happily for 2 years now all of a sudden nothing from my laptop will play through the speaker. After much messing about, i found the above warning against the speaker in Device Manager. As for fixing...
  6. USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).

USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).: Hello, About 3 days ago, I was doing some normal browsing on my computer running Windows 10, version 1909. Suddenly, my computer went to a black screen and froze. I had to manually press the restart button. After that incident, my USB drivers are not loading. Luckily my...
  7. USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).: Hello, About 3 days ago, I was doing some normal browsing on my computer running Windows 10, version 1909. Suddenly, my computer went to a black screen and froze. I had to manually press the restart button. After that incident, my USB drivers are not loading. Luckily my...
  8. Wifi driver in Win 10 : This device cannot start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi driver in Win 10 : This device cannot start Code 10.: I'm using ASUS ROG Strix SCAR III G731GU. I was not able to connect my laptop to the Wi-Fi so I checked in Device Manager under Network Adapters and found out that my Wi-Fi adapter Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz is not working. I tried updating driver but it kept saying that...
  9. Unable to install Realtek Audio driver, Error: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Unable to install Realtek Audio driver, Error: This device cannot start. (Code 10): I am trying to install Realtek Audio on my Windows 10 desktop. Having downloaded and installed the driver from the Realtek web site, I can see it listed in Programs and Features, but it doesn’t appear in Sound, where I find AnySoft Virtual Sound Device, and four entries for...
  10. this device cannot start (code 10)

this device cannot start (code 10): I have tried lots of repair advices without resolving the problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10/142326f7-1a73-4c35-9fd3-984700c81ded
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Installing any mobile drivers results in The device cannot start. (Code 10)