Windows 10: Installing approved game purchase on childs PC

Discus and support Installing approved game purchase on childs PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have purchased and approved the install of minecraft for my childs laptop. How do I install it on my childs laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HeatherClark4, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Installing approved game purchase on childs PC

I have purchased and approved the install of minecraft for my childs laptop. How do I install it on my childs laptop?

:)

HeatherClark4, Jun 19, 2019

2. Child account can't play game I purchased

Hi, Brad,

In the Content restrictions page, you can configure the account to require adult approval for purchases in the Microsoft Store, set age limit for apps, games, and media, and you can even block those websites you want to restrict access.

The Ask a parent feature allows you to require your approval for a child to proceed with a Microsoft Store purchase. However, this option excludes purchases made with the funds you added to the child account and gift cards.

To enable this feature, turn on the Needs adult approval to buy things toggle switch. If you also want to know when and what a child has purchased, then turn on the Email me when my child gets stuff toggle switch.

The Apps, games & media feature option enables you to block apps, games, and media that isn't appropriate for your children.

To restrict content, turn on the Block inappropriate apps, games & media toggle switch, and then use the drop-down menu to specify the rating you want to allow. (For more details, click the View allowed ratings link.)

Steps to try:

1. Change accounts in the store to allow others to use your apps since apps were installed per user.

2. Add a user (under "accounts" and "Family & other users".. pick add someone else to this PC, choose "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address" and then pick "Add a user without a Microsoft account" and it will make a local account on the computer.
    When you log-in to that account and go to the windows app store, log-in there with your "adult" Microsoft account (be sure to choose log-in to this app only) and you have access to all the purchases from the main account under each local user.

Smittychat., Jun 19, 2019
  3. Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Both myself and my daughter have Windows Phones, however I have set her account up as a child account. Normally I have the setting for "Purchases" disabled, however the process to buy apps on her account when needed is incredibly tedious.

1. Sign in as child on the zune.net website

2. Enable Purchases

3. Sign in as Parent to authorise the change

4. Wait *ages* for the change to take effect

5. Go back to the app store and buy the app (or wait if the change isn't in effect yet)

6. Once installed, repeat steps 1-4 to disable purchases again

7. Hope in the meantime your child hasn't taken the opportunity to buy lots of other stuff as well Installing approved game purchase on childs PC :)

It would be really great if a different system could be implemented. How about:

• Child tries to buy the app, a notification goes to the parent to "approve" the purchase, or;
    • The parent is able to manage child accounts directly under their own zune.net account and can buy "on behalf of...". or;
    • When the child tries to buy an app, it just prompts at that time for the parent to login to "sign for" and approve the purchase
    I love the option to have and manage child accounts and the family security settings, but this particular process is really painful.

Regards,

Scott.

Scott_Williams, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Installing approved game purchase on childs PC

Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

jeromeHarrison, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Installing approved game purchase on childs PC

1. Installing approved game purchase on childs PC - Similar Threads - Installing approved game

2. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  3. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  4. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Purchase Approval Problems in Microsoft Family Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase Approval Problems in Microsoft Family Account: My daughter is part of our Microsoft Family account and she cannot purchase without permission from me. She clicked on a link to purchase Minecraft in the Microsoft Store and I approved the purchase. However, when she tries to make the purchase again, she gets an error...
  6. Can't install owned game - Administrator approval required for installation

Can't install owned game - Administrator approval required for installation: I have this game, which I want to install "State of Decay 2 - Juggenaut Editition". When clicking the install button in the store, nothing happens. Not even an error is showing up.In the description it states I require Administrator approval.I'm logged on to my windows 10 on...
  7. Approving Google Chrome for a Child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Approving Google Chrome for a Child: How do I permanently approve for my child to use Google Chrome? It only allows me to approve 3 hours. My children need this to do their Google Classroom. This only became an issue today....
  8. in app purchases for pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in app purchases for pc games: received this response while in chat with microsoft rep, i had purchased gems and coins for a pc game I was playing, the money was deducted from my account but the gems and coins were never loaded onto the game. this is the response for microsoft support Thanks for...
  9. In app purchases on pc game

In app purchases on pc game: i have a pc game download for food truck chef and had done an in app purchasing for gems and coins the money was deducted but gems and coins did not load on the game...
  10. Child account can't play game I purchased

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account can't play game I purchased: I am setting up a notebook for my daughter that is running Windows 10 home. I bought Minecraft, and then created a child account for my daughter. She can't see Minecraft when she logs in to the tablet. How can I set it up for her to play it? I didn't buy it for me to...