Windows 10: Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

Discus and support Installing Apps Access to the path is denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,When I try to install Github Desktop, Discord, Freetube, Atom that is, any application that install by SquirrelInstallI am getting an installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Motias, May 25, 2021.

1. Motias Win User

Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

Hi,When I try to install Github Desktop, Discord, Freetube, Atom that is, any application that install by SquirrelInstallI am getting an installation error:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AnyApp\' is denied.I created a new user and tried to install there - everything is fine! I was even able to copy apps from newuser to olduser - Apps is working.But still I want to solve this problem. Because switch to a new user every time is sad.Any help would be helpful!SquirrelInstall.log[25/05/21 15:24:49] info: Program: Starting Sq

:)

Motias, May 25, 2021
  2. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

3. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, May 25, 2021
  4. Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Installing Apps Access to the path is denied

1. Installing Apps Access to the path is denied - Similar Threads - Installing Apps Access

2. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  3. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  4. wsl --install: Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl --install: Access is denied: I got this errorwsl --install Installing: Windows Subsystem for Linux Access is denied. 0,0%Tried run as administrator - the sameWin10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl-install-access-is-denied/eac2553a-3216-4615-996d-e1f993a6576a
  5. wsl --install: Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wsl --install: Access is denied: I got this errorwsl --install Installing: Windows Subsystem for Linux Access is denied. 0,0%Tried run as administrator - the sameWin10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl-install-access-is-denied/eac2553a-3216-4615-996d-e1f993a6576a
  6. wsl --install: Access is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. cant run exe net framework not installed and access to path is denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant run exe net framework not installed and access to path is denied: Hi im trying to run a private .exe the exe works fine since my friends are able to use it but i can not when i run it it saysAn unknown error occured while trying to execute .NET Framework 4.6.1 or above might not be installed. and it also says "Access to the...
  8. New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.

New-Item : Access to the path 'C:\temp' is denied.: I'm trying to write a short script that creates a text file using the logged in user's name and I am getting an access denied error and I cannot figure out why. I have checked and everyone has read/write permissions.PS C:\> $Name = $env:USERNAME.TrimStart0,7 Convert-String...
  9. Access to the path denied

Access to the path denied: [ATTACH] Can anyone give me a clear, concise answer as to what this means when it is received after attempting to login to a program on windows 10? My problem is that our IT dept says this issue lies with the WebTMS. However, webTMS programmers say that they’ve never...
  10. system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    system.io.ioexception access to the path is denied: Tried to install a program and getting this. Anyone know what it mean and how to fix it, thanks 49721