Windows 10: Installing Apps on Only One Account

Discus and support Installing Apps on Only One Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I recently installed Brave Beta from the website. I am not an administrator, though I can make myself one without issues. I want Brave Beta to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shashank Abhinav, May 11, 2021.

1. Installing Apps on Only One Account

Hello,I recently installed Brave Beta from the website. I am not an administrator, though I can make myself one without issues. I want Brave Beta to be available only in my account. What steps should I follow to make this happen? I will be installing a few applications over the days and I want them all available only in my account.

:)

Shashank Abhinav, May 11, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 11, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 11, 2021
  4. Installing Apps on Only One Account

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Installing Apps on Only One Account

1. Installing Apps on Only One Account - Similar Threads - Installing Apps Account

2. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to install a app in only one user...: in my home i use localother user account.. so whenever I install a app. its actually able .. see by other account's too... so is there , way to install a app enable to use and see by a single user only..btw the Microsoft store does it already . the app I installed from ....
  3. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a app in only one user...: in my home i use localother user account.. so whenever I install a app. its actually able .. see by other account's too... so is there , way to install a app enable to use and see by a single user only..btw the Microsoft store does it already . the app I installed from ....
  4. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I install an app for only one user?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I install an app for only one user?: I want to install a game, but only for my gaming account. I don't want this app to take up storage space on the other account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-an-app-for-only-one-user/cabdebb2-8cd1-47b9-b505-1350b93b3d80
  6. Certian apps only install on administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certian apps only install on administrator account: Windows version number: 20H2 Hello, i am having a problem with installing certain apps. it only happens for a few apps, such as davinci resolve 16. i use the standard user account, and when i wanted to get a new app, i asked my administrator, and they installed the app (on...
  7. mic only works on one account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic only works on one account: so, I'm trying to use my headset for videocalls as we all are. but on my personal acount, it won't work. I've looked into it and the answer i got was to change the privacy settings, so I did that and it didn't do anything. the mic works on the sccount that was created first...
  8. Installing apps on one account, not all of them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing apps on one account, not all of them: Hello, Installing certain software such as Roblox on my Windows 10 computer adds it to all the users. I only want it on one user. But, Roblox is available on the Windows Store, so if I install it from there, will it only be for one user? The user I am using is a local...
  9. Change settings to only one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change settings to only one account: Okay, after a bit of searching, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I have a computer that friends and family use, so we have separate accounts. I'm trying to use a piece of software called Voicemeeter Banana, a virtual audio cable, in which I use for my own...
  10. I only need one account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I only need one account: For my windows 10 i am using my email to login but i have another account which i want to remove, the account is able to type in username and password. I have tried removing it from control panel but it only just shows my account pls help. thanks. 56919