Windows 10: installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off!

Discus and support installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a student that is attempting to download software she needs for my class. When she tries to install it, the Microsoft Store pops up. She... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by codenat, Aug 21, 2020.

1. codenat Win User

installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off!

Hi,

I have a student that is attempting to download software she needs for my class. When she tries to install it, the Microsoft Store pops up.

She is using Windows 10, as am I.

I was able to find where to change this to "install from anywhere" on my computer.

installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off! 625f7055-241e-4eab-97d2-a13f017cb969?upload=true.png

But when she shared her screen with me, and went to the same location, the "Choose where to get apps" section was not there at all!

I instructed her to run windows update and keep doing it until it says up to date, but I think her version wasn't far behind mine.

Where can she find this on her Windows 10 laptop? She needs to be able to install software from anywhere!

Any help is appreciated.

:)

codenat, Aug 21, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Aug 21, 2020
  4. installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off!

1. installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off! - Similar Threads - installing apps store

2. Can't install Paramount + app from Windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Paramount + app from Windows store: I can't install the Paramount + app from the Windows Store.The installation is cancelled with the error code 0x8D053CF3.Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.2787.Can anyone help?Greetings Michael...
  3. Can't install Paramount + app from Windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Paramount + app from Windows store: I can't install the Paramount + app from the Windows Store.The installation is cancelled with the error code 0x8D053CF3.Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.2787.Can anyone help?Greetings Michael...
  4. Can't install apps from Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps from Store: I tried many things on the page Can't install apps from Store, error 0x80070005 here, it took my days, I formatted many times windows but damned microsoft is completely mess. **** Microsoft Store won't install apps. This stupid system took me days, I've formatted it so many...
  5. Can't install apps from Store

Can't install apps from Store: I tried many things on the page Can't install apps from Store, error 0x80070005 here, it took my days, I formatted many times windows but damned microsoft is completely mess. **** Microsoft Store won't install apps. This stupid system took me days, I've formatted it so many...
  6. Can't install app from microsoft store.

Can't install app from microsoft store.: I installed Asphalt 8 from ms store 3 days earlier. Everything was fine.But one day the game files became corrupted . So I uninstalled asphalt 8 from start menu but the app icon is still there. Then I try to again download it from ms store but after downloading it fails to...
  7. Can't install apps from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install apps from Store: When I try to install apps from the store, I get this error: Turn on Windows Update This install is prevented by policy. Ask your admin to enable Windows Update. Code: 0x8024500C However, I am an administrator, and I have remove my device from all GPOs that apply to...
  8. Can't install an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install an app from Microsoft Store: Hello All, I am trying to install Smartthings app from Microsoft Store and all I see is "Wish list" button instead of downloads: [ATTACH] When I go to "System requirements" section I see: [ATTACH] And what I have is: [ATTACH] So, while writing this...
  9. Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.: Hello.., In my Windows 10s laptop I cannot install application from outside, that means cannot install from USB, only from Windows store is available. I have searched for a solution , in that solutions it is saying there is an option (settings->Apps->Apps&features ) to...
  10. Can't install apps from windows store.

Can't install apps from windows store.: Hi folks, Anyone else have this problem? I have tried installing a few apps from the windows store on windows 10, download ok and says installing but then get message "this is embarrassing we can't find app" and nothing, its not on my app list. The existing ones that...