Windows 10: INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent

Discus and support INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I switched from windows Phone to Android and am trying to install the Authenticator. Please note that this worked no sweat on the windows phone The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chr_Le, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Chr_Le Win User

INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent

I switched from windows Phone to Android and am trying to install the Authenticator. Please note that

• this worked no sweat on the windows phone
    • The phone number has NOT changed.

At a given point, the initiation procedure asks for

• a verification code to be sent to the phone
    • or enter the code from authenticator (fun garanteed when you're trying to install this thing)

However, the code never arrives to this phone.

And at the "category" section below, this issue doesn't fit anything (there's no "security" item).

I'd appreciate any help, and there's a call number on this that has been closed despite my protest. Can someone get in touch with me ont this, PLEASE!

:)

Chr_Le, Jul 1, 2019

2. authenticator for android

Pair an authenticator app with your Microsoft account
    We won't use this to spam you - just to keep your account more secure.

Verify phone via:

An authenticator app works by generating a new security code every 30 seconds. Once you have an authenticator app installed on your smart phone and paired with your account, you can always get a code - even if you have airplane mode turned on, or are anywhere
    without cell service. Authenticator apps are available for many smart phones today, and most of them will work with your Microsoft account.

Just a few simple steps, and you'll be all set

• If you have a Windows Phone,
      get Microsoft's authenticator app
      . If you have an iOS, Android, or BlackBerry device, search your app store for an authenticator app.
    • Install the app and then open it.
    • Pair the app with your Microsoft account by scanning this bar code.

BrianFerguson59, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Acquire a verification code for my Microsoft account

Well I installed the app on my phone and found it is for two-step verification code. I actually wanted to verify my Microsoft account. So do you know how to acquire a code for verifying my account? (by email) (not two-step verification signing in)

Really appreciate your help/

Helen Cheng, Jul 1, 2019
  4. INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent

where can I get the bar code for microsoft authenticator?

Go to
    https://account.microsoft.com/

At the top choose Security and Privacy

Under Account Security choose More Security Settings

Scroll down for the following

Your account is protected by two-step verification.

You've set up an authenticator app.
    Learn more about identity verification apps.

Before you can set up an identity verification app, you need to add another phone number or alternate email address, or verify an existing one.

Choose Set Up identity verification app which will give you the barcode/secret code you need to get your authenticator app going.

Be sure to verify the pairing was successful by entering the code generated on the newly setup app.

Hope that helps.

[*]

[*]

[*]

JaysonGoldman, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent

1. INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ON ANDROID - Verification Code never sent - Similar Threads - INSTALLING AUTHENTICATOR ANDROID

2. sent verification codes for reopening account not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sent verification codes for reopening account not working: im attempting to reopen my account as i accidentally closed the wrong one, but every single code sent to my email doesnt work. ive tried the account recover form which only lets me reset my password, not reopen in entirely. even if i put in thr code exactly as it lies, it...
  3. sent verification codes for reopening account not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sent verification codes for reopening account not working: im attempting to reopen my account as i accidentally closed the wrong one, but every single code sent to my email doesnt work. ive tried the account recover form which only lets me reset my password, not reopen in entirely. even if i put in thr code exactly as it lies, it...
  4. I am not getting sent a verification code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not getting sent a verification code?: When trying to access my recovery key I am asked to input the last 4 digits of my phone number to get sent a code. I do this and do not get sent the code. I am 100% sure I am inputting the right numbers as I have checked the phone number listed to my account is correct and it...
  5. Code Verification Not Sent to my phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code Verification Not Sent to my phone number: Hallo I'm from Indonesia. I did not get a verification code to my mobile number, even though the number is correct. I tried to contact the Microsoft Indonesia service center but it always doesn't work.So, my windows laptop has a problem, automatic repairing, then when I try...
  6. Verification code sent to wrong number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification code sent to wrong number: I accidentally added new security code and got to wait for 30 days, I tried to change back my security code but the verification code was sent to my old phone number , and there was no other verification options , please help, I really need to see my recovery key as soon as...
  7. Verification code sent to wrong number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verification code sent to wrong number: I accidentally added new security code and got to wait for 30 days, I tried to change back my security code but the verification code was sent to my old phone number , and there was no other verification options , please help, I really need to see my recovery key as soon as...
  8. Verification code sent to wrong number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Microsoft verification Code NOT being sent

Microsoft verification Code NOT being sent: Its been a week and I am not receiving verification codes from Microsoft in order for me to reset my password.And yes I have checked through all the trouble shooting steps at Microsoft account security info & verification codesMy email address has not changed, the cell number...
  10. Verification code for privacy not being sent

Verification code for privacy not being sent: I unfortunately updated Windows and now see privacy settings that turned off Microsoft access turned back on. Although I am logged into my account, Microsoft requires a second validation - no doubt to make it impossible to have actual privacy regulation. I have tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install the microsoft authenticator on samsung s8