Windows 10: Installing CD software

Discus and support Installing CD software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and would like to install my old Word 97 and PowerPoint 97 software. but I keep getting a Error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fred4095, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Fred4095 Win User

Installing CD software

I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and would like to install my old Word 97 and PowerPoint 97 software. but I keep getting a Error message that won't let me install. How can I install?

:)

Fred4095, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Install CD RECORDER GP 50 - Windows 10

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the PC?

I suggest you to go through the Hardware Installation section in the
    Owner’s Manual
    to know to install the CD recorder. If the drive is not recognized by Windows after installing, try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Installing CD software

Unable to install dictonary from CD

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to install?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Is the issue specific to a particular CD or are you able to read other files from other discs?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the particular application that you are trying to install is compatible with Windows 10.

You may also copy all of the content inside the CD to a folder and try to install it in compatibility mode.

Please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program.

2) Click on Properties.

3) Click on Compatibility tab.

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode (try different Operating systems) and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Please do let us know whether you are able to install the application successfully after following the above steps. If you require further assistance, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Installing CD software

1. Installing CD software - Similar Threads - Installing software

2. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  3. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  4. Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...: Hi everyone, Thanks in advance. Somehow it is not possible to install 2 pending updates, getting the error code on Software Center: 0x80073701-2147010815.What I have done so far and some more information is below, it would be nice if you could share some ideas on how to solve...
  5. Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...

Cannot install Windows updates via Software Center - Error code on Software Center:...: Hi everyone, Thanks in advance. Somehow it is not possible to install 2 pending updates, getting the error code on Software Center: 0x80073701-2147010815.What I have done so far and some more information is below, it would be nice if you could share some ideas on how to solve...
  6. Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.: Hello,I cannot access files on my One drive and I get the same message for all words documents: Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. I have deinstalled and installed again One Drive and restarted several times. Please help....
  7. Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.

Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.: Hello,I cannot access files on my One drive and I get the same message for all words documents: Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. I have deinstalled and installed again One Drive and restarted several times. Please help....
  8. Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...: I need to run old software for some equipment that only seems compatible with Windows 8. Given this, I need have a laptop with Windows 11 that I would like to install Windows 8.1 onto - is this possible?...
  9. Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...

Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...: I need to run old software for some equipment that only seems compatible with Windows 8. Given this, I need have a laptop with Windows 11 that I would like to install Windows 8.1 onto - is this possible?...
  10. How to stop microsoft from installing bad software

How to stop microsoft from installing bad software: So, I have a bunch of domain computers. Every week, Microsoft's update re-installs bloatware and some apps that simply break our machines.On top of that, Microsoft also removes drivers we NEED to do business.Every week, I have to remove the Microsoft replacement drivers, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install a program from cd drive in windows 10