Windows 10: Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

Discus and support Installing Chrome extensions in Opera in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions".... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rivre, Apr 9, 2019.

1. rivre Win User

Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions". Now I can't install extensions for some reason. The current extensions I previous installed update okay and run fine.

Trying to find a solution, I came across several articles from last year saying that starting with Opera 55 beta, Opera would automatically allow you to install Chrome extensions without needing that additional extension. But Opera isn't letting me do that. All the extensions on Chrome's store say "available for Chrome" with no install link. Opera is up to date.

Has something changed I don't know about?

:)

rivre, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Naki, Apr 9, 2019
  3. TairikuOkami, Apr 9, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Opera

Here is the direct link to all: Index of /pub/

Stash is stash, but there will be bookmarks.
    They (Opera Dev team) are working on the ability to add the bookmarks feature.

There are a couple of extensions that add the improvisation of bookmarks.
    You can enable bookmarks in the QAB (Quick Access Bar); however, they are not editable or sortable, I believe.

You can use this to use chrome extension and try using some there bookmark extensions: Download Chrome Extension

Or, you can try some of the Opera extension for bookmarks... not the best, IMO, but they worked when I tried them.

Add Bookmark

Bookmarks Manager

Here is another little tool that I like so I don't have to type commands into the browser: Opera Internal Pages

95Viper, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing Chrome extensions in Opera - Similar Threads - Installing Chrome extensions

2. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  3. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  4. Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge: I have just switched from Chrome to the new Edge browser. What would be the best way to transfer the numerous Chrome extensions that I have to Edge? submitted by /u/skywalker505 [link] [comments]...
  5. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  6. Manually installing Google chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Manually installing Google chrome extensions: If you activated the developer mode on Google Chrome and then change the file extension from .Crx to .zip you Could install an extension outside of the google store. With Google Chrome version 73 it appears you can’t do this anymore. Do you guys know if Google Chrome change...
  7. Opera 55 is out for Windows with new features and easy way to install Chrome extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Opera 55 is out for Windows with new features and easy way to install Chrome extensions: Last month, the software maker Opera released the beta version of its web browser for Windows and other platforms. Late last week, Opera Software promoted the Opera 55 Chromium-based web browser to the stable channel for Windows and other supported platforms. Opera 55 is yet...
  8. Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions: Opera has been regularly working on introducing new features for its Chromium based Opera web browser. The company is now working on two new versions of its browser, Opera 55 and Opera 56. The Opera 55 version of the web browser is now in beta testing phase and the company...
  9. Install Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Install Extensions in Google Chrome How to Install Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize Google Chrome and add features and functionality by adding extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension to add it...
  10. Get an installed extension in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Get an installed extension in Chrome: Hello! I have a browser built from Chromium, It is installed a download extension(Savior).but I want to use Chrome, I can't find that extension on Web Store. Can I extract that extension to install on Chrome? Thank you 24231