Windows 10: Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install.

Discus and support Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So need some help as Corel can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps one of you more knowledgeable folks might have an idea of what's going on here.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RAMWolff, Jan 24, 2019.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install.

So need some help as Corel can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps one of you more knowledgeable folks might have an idea of what's going on here.

Little while back I wanted to play a blu-ray on my computer. So I popped in the disk and up popped the player but it needed an update as the disk wouldn't play... something to do with the codec I guess. Anyway's tried to get it installed but the updater kept failing. So then I got in touch with Corel and allowed them access to my system to try to debug it but they spent about an hour in various areas including the Registry .... they then moved it further up the tech chain... still no luck.

They would send me a link to an improved exe with a new code to make it work but the installer would download the program... then just say "all products have been installed" and then would just sit there with a live "cancel" button. See screen shot.

Upon looking in the Program Files and Program FIles )86) under the Corel folder there are no products for this program installed.

I then used Revo Uninstaller to dig out all the deep files and rebooted to clear anything else out and contacted them again a week later and asked for another download link and new code. Just tried it... same issue.

Not sure why I can't have a working copy of WinDVD Pro on my system but something is preventing this from happening and I don't know what else to try.

Keep in mind I don't mind digging in the registry but probably not much there for the program at this point since using the Revo Uninstaller. IF you need need me to use the Command Prompt or the Power Shell please be very thorough as I'm not good at this aspect of computing.

Thanks so much for the help!

Richard

:)

RAMWolff, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation

Please do as I'm having problems with that program - DVD playback fine but blu ray playback does nothing apart from play audio for a nano second then an error appears saying 'WinDVD will disable Windows aero environment'. Currently in contact with Corel support. WinDVD 12 pro (new version just released) was the same so would like to hear if other users are experiencing the same or not.

Bastet, Jan 24, 2019
  3. jc836 Win User
    Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation

Mod's - feel free to move this

Finally figured out how to get this version of WinDVD to install and run. Keep in mind that many newer laptops DO NOT have a DVD drive but still have the ability to play video anyhow. The software as sold is UN-patched for use with Windows 10. There are 2 Patch files that must be used to get the program to run. The install squence is critical to making this happen with or without a DVD drive present during install. The example in my case is a HP X2 convertible with W-10 Home.

Having downloaded or otherwise obtained the Main program file and SP-5 and SP-7 (from Corel Support for the latter) one can begin the process of installing. DO NOT open the program during this process. Run each installer until SP-7 is completed. There is really no need to run as an Administrator either. Now that the 3 files are installed you can run the program and go thru the Settings that are offered.

What is hard to understand is why Corel and its partner did not correct the problem in the first place. One cannot use SP-5 and SP-7 without the Main file being installed first.

Hope this resolves the issue for the many who are lost as I was (very short time btw).

jc836, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install.

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install.

1. Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install. - Similar Threads - Installing Corel WinDVD

2. Windows Pro Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro Not Installing: Hello,We purchased Windows Pro but everytime we try to install we get error message 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-not-installing/32551a9a-0e65-4bd6-bdc0-9a2440925ac6
  3. Windows Pro Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro Not Installing: Hello,We purchased Windows Pro but everytime we try to install we get error message 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-not-installing/32551a9a-0e65-4bd6-bdc0-9a2440925ac6
  4. Installed font doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed font doesn't appear: Hello, I recently had to reset my laptop (Asus Model UX461UN, Windows10) and unfortunately didn't think to save my fonts. Now I need to re-edit a publisher document with several HelveticaNeue fonts. There are many different versions of HelveticaNeue (Light, Condensed, etc),...
  5. Corel PaintShop Pro X6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel PaintShop Pro X6: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 came free with my computer so I don't have a installation disk or a link from a email. You just entered the codes and it installed as far as I can remember. Up until yesterday it worked find and was perfect for my needs. This morning a screen popped...
  6. trying to install Corel x8

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to install Corel x8: It says I need to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) in order to load my program. How do I go about doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-corel-x8/b4771f04-f1e7-42ee-849e-84fe9f45f911"
  7. Realtek audio installer doesn't install anything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio installer doesn't install anything.: I have download installers from many different sources and none of them work. they all install a couple of files in a folder in the program files folder that don't do anything. Realtek is still missing from the device manager and the control panel. I really need Realtek on my...
  8. installing on macbook pro

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    installing on macbook pro: i fully intend to install the upcoming preview on my Windows machines. i think i will try a virtualization option (bootcamp, something else) for the first time on a Mac & use it to run the Windows preview. would this be a place to discuss this? it'll be fun to be running...
  9. Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation: Mod's - feel free to move this Finally figured out how to get this version of WinDVD to install and run. Keep in mind that many newer laptops DO NOT have a DVD drive but still have the ability to play video anyhow. The software as sold is UN-patched for use with Windows...
  10. Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD.: I'm trying to install Windows on a new machine. The motherboard is ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. The EUFI BIOS sees the SSD drive (Samsung EVO 750 250 GB) but Windows does not. There is the option to load drivers but i can't find any drivers for the EVO 750 online. The Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you must install windvd pro 11 first error