Windows 10: installing correct drivers/access to hardware?

Discus and support installing correct drivers/access to hardware? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed in a VM (Oracle VirtualBox). In device manager, most of the devices show up as generic. I downloaded the correct driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HarryD, Nov 7, 2015.

1. HarryD Win User

installing correct drivers/access to hardware?

I have Windows 10 installed in a VM (Oracle VirtualBox). In device manager, most of the devices show up as generic.

I downloaded the correct driver for my GTX980 video card. I tried installing it and it says "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." How can I make Windows 10 see the correct hardware I'm using? Is there a setting in VirtualBox or Windows itself?

:)

HarryD, Nov 7, 2015

2. Connect Nokia 1680c-2 to PC

@robertbrown

Welcome to the forum!

Have a look at this post:

As it was never Nokia's intention for 1680Classic to be accessed this way, the issue is sometimes finding the correct "driver" for installation and use of acquired cable!

aspergerguy, Nov 7, 2015
  3. N95 connect problem

Update:

I had a Vista as second boot system and it was not deleted (yet). In the Windows\inf map the drivers were still there and by going there for the drivers in the hardware install under XP the N95 was correctly installed and I had access to my phone again.

Hopefully Nokia will correct the driver problem in pc suite.

Rob

tantrum---01, Nov 7, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

It doesn't work like that in a VM. The hardware is virtualized so Windows will see an emulated video adapter (and other virtualized devices) rather than the actual devices connected to the host (with the exception of the CPU).

As your Windows 10 guest can't see the hardware, you can't use the driver as, as far as the Windows VM is concerned, your GTX980 isn't connected. See virtualbox.org View topic - VirtualBox FAQ

The correct drivers to install are the VirtualBox guest additions - see Chapter*4.*Guest Additions
    If it doesn't automatically start the installation then double-click on Setup.exe once you have loaded the guest additions CD.

lx07, Nov 7, 2015
  5. HarryD Win User
    I followed the instructions in the link you posted. I can now set the correct resolution for my display (1920x1080).

HarryD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. installing correct drivers/access to hardware? - Similar Threads - installing correct drivers

2. Camera drivers not installing correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera drivers not installing correctly: I have run into this problem for quite a while on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14IML. The camera on it seems to only work on and off, and recently it's been giving more and more problems. I am sure this is a driver issue and not something to do with Lenovo software.At first,...
  3. drivers and hardware

drivers and hardware: how I enter the MEZLER forum on the Epson 1660 scanner to ask and tell my experience on the subject 164801
  4. Xbox 360 Driver doesn't install correctly

Xbox 360 Driver doesn't install correctly: Hello, I'm trying to use a gamepad Logitech F710 with my Windows System Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, this gamepad has already worked on windows 10 and windows 7. Normally I just have to manually install the Xbox 360 drivers and the gamepad should work, this worked before....
  5. hardware and drivers

hardware and drivers: The bluetooth on my PC is not working and there is no option to turn it back on. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have tried switching this driver off and on and reinstalling it but the problem just keeps coming back. I have tried switching bluetooth support services to automatic. I...
  6. Correct Drivers

Correct Drivers: Hello: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. What is the recommended way to check if all the correct drivers have been installed? Thanks... John S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-drivers/ef1f396e-6a23-494e-a4a6-50c1f51cc66d
  7. Hardware driver

Hardware driver: Looking for driver for old zip driver using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-driver/9323e992-a608-43e6-9254-3922646f4f8d
  8. Windows isn't installing correct drivers

Windows isn't installing correct drivers: I'm running windows 10 pro, I'm trying to run fastboot to flash something to my android device. No matter what I try I cant get windows to install the drivers right. While in the device manager, I noticed several error icons which also wont install correctly. I uninstalled...
  9. via audio driver wont install correctly

via audio driver wont install correctly: trying to install drivers for via audio chip VT2021. tried drivers from their website and from the motherboards gigabyte site. windows 10 install standard drivers with no controls. so Im trying to install the drivers from via and gigabyte and for some reason the...
  10. Hardware ID not listed in driver installer

Hardware ID not listed in driver installer: Hello. I have an HP Laptop that has an audio driver with a hardware ID of HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E5&SUBSYS_00000100 However, the only driver available is for windows 8.1 and this driver installer is made for my specific laptop model. The thing is, the hardware...