Windows 10: Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit

Discus and support Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have an old test PC where I recently installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to check the performance and compatibility with devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spapakons, Mar 18, 2016.

1. spapakons Win User

Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit

Hello!

I have an old test PC where I recently installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to check the performance and compatibility with devices and applications. The onboard sound card is a Realtek AC'97 which as described in this thread will cause a BSOD if you try to install the latest Realtek drivers. The solution was to manually install an older version of the Windows XP 64-bit driver. Since the driver is meant for Windows XP 64-bit, as you may guess is not 100% compatible with Windows 10 64-bit. It installed the playback devices (Realtek AC'97 audio Speakers and Realtek AC'97 Digital Output) and I can play any sound perfectly, but it didn't install any recording device, so I cannot record any sound.

I have an old Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 PCI card (model CT4832), so I decided to install it and give it a try. For each attempt I restarted in Test mode (Disable driver signatures) just to make sure the driver will install whether is signed or not. The official Creative BETA driver for Windows XP 64-bit installed "successfully", but no sound was produced from the speakers! There was no official driver for Vista 64-bit or newer (not even for Vista 32-bit or newer), so I tried the SB_Live_SupportPack_2_5 (unofficial SB driver by Daniel_K). The same again, it installed "successfully" but no sound came from the speakers.

I wasn't so happy that I couldn't use a Creative driver (either official or unofficial), so I got my last resort, the third-party KX Project audio driver. It installed "successfully" but again I could not hear any sound from the speakers (connected to the green speaker output which normally is for the front speakers). I opened the KX mixer and tried to test the speakers, when I got an error that "Failure to produce sound"

I was about to give up when I opened the Playback devices and I noticed 5 devices instead of 2 (Speakers and Digital). These were strangely named "Master Mixer", "Wave Out 2/3", "Wave Out 4/5", "Wave Out 6/7", "SPDIF/AC3 output". So I kept my speakers connected to the green output (front) and then right-clicked on each device and selected "Test". Finally I was able to hear sound from "Wave Out 4/5" device, so set that default. I can perfectly play any sound now. I haven't tested recording from "Recording Mixer" device yet, but I hope it works.

EDIT: I just noticed a setting "Swap front and back speakers" in KX mixer. It was enabled (swap). When I disabled it, the sound now comes as expected from the "Master Mixer" and "Wave Out 2/3". So I set "Master Mixer" default as it should. I think that's one step forward. I'll let you know if recording works once I get the chance to test it. Just for the record, the KX mixer still gives an error "Failure to produce sound" when testing the speakers, but I don't care if sound works in all other applications.

So it is possible to make an old Creative SoundBlaster card work in Windows 10, even on Windows 10 64-bit, but I'm not very satisfied with the way it is done. I would prefer using Creative drivers for best performance/compatibility. Anyway I'll live with that. *Wink

PS: The KX Project is available for Mac OS X, for all of you wanting to use a Creative SoundBlaster (and Audigy) card in a Hanckitosh (regular PC running Mac OS X)

:)

spapakons, Mar 18, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Creative SoundBlaster Zx recognized as Recon3D and stopped working

Is Creative supporting the SoundBlaster Zx on Windows 10?

If Creative is supporting the SoundBlaster Zx on Windows 10, they will help you to get it working properly. If Creative is not supporting that device, there's nothing you or Microsoft can do about it. Microsoft can't force a manufacturer to update their
    hardware for Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Mar 18, 2016
  3. windows audio service is not responding AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

Hi

From your information it appears that you are trying to install a Soundblaster driver from Creative.com for a SoundBlaster audio card? (File Name : SBRP_CD_L13_1_02_03.exe)

The Onboard audio chip for the Gigabyte Motherboard requires a special driver from Gigabyte.

G1.Sniper 5 - Support & Downloads: Creative Audio driver -
    RC1.11

G1.Sniper 5 (rev. 1.x) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit

1. Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit - Similar Threads - Installing Creative SoundBlaster

2. Creative NX Pro Webcam driver for Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative NX Pro Webcam driver for Windows 10 64-bit: I'd like to share my experience on setting up Creative NX Pro webcam on Windows 10 64-bit. There is no official driver from Creative as this product is no longer supported. However, this webcam can be setup with the driver for Vimicro webcam with some config modification....
  3. Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?: After investing a whole day to reinstall Windows 10 4 times, I still haven't managed to turn my 32 bit version into a 64 bit version. I know that I used to have a 64 bit version on this pc, but then I mistakenly made a 32 bit version when I reinstalled it. Now my question:...
  4. Installing 64 Bit Windows 10

Installing 64 Bit Windows 10: I built a PC and was trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, however it wouldn't let me. So I tried to put my USB in a another computer to test and it worked. I then tried 32 bit Windows 10 in my computer and it worked. I was wondering if this may be a driver issue. I installed...
  5. Creative Webcam NX Pro with Windows 10 64 bits?

Creative Webcam NX Pro with Windows 10 64 bits?: Dear all, I have an old Creative Webcam NX Pro. Any possibility to work on Windows 10 64 bits? I heard about some specific drivers for Windows 7 64 bits and they were working fine, despite not supported anymore. Any possibility to share them so I can try to configure it?...
  6. Creative Soundblaster Issues

Creative Soundblaster Issues: Hi, Bit of a strange issue here with sound. My system is a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752 & my sound is configured as 5.1 except theFront Left speaker does not play sound/music nor the Test Tone when checking the speakers during "Configure"...
  7. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Soundblaster drivers disappeared

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Soundblaster drivers disappeared: I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades). 1) Soundblaster card drivers had to be reinstalled after upgrade. Not nice for an OS upgrade. I went to the soundcard website, and reloaded the drivers. At that point,...
  9. Creative Soundblaster xfi Titanium Windows 10 Creators update problem

Creative Soundblaster xfi Titanium Windows 10 Creators update problem: Hi all, since the creators update was installed my sound from my xfi dedicated card is borked....when i say borked, i mean the quality is terrible; sound is muffled...there is too much volume at low volume levels, and when clicking on the audio devices the "output" level...
  10. Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue

Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue: hello, Soundblaster Z control panel lost most of the features after Windows update to 17101.rs4. I've tried to reinstal whole driver pack (SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_10) without succes. Any clues? [img] 104371

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sblive 64 bit drivers digital signature

2. soundcard soundblaster live cant install driver 64bit