Windows 10: Installing device driver as a package for the very first time

Discus and support Installing device driver as a package for the very first time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How are we installing device driver as a package, for the very first time so is not listed in device manager, and only has .inf .cat, .sys and dll file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by budi, Sep 12, 2019.

1. budi Win User

Installing device driver as a package for the very first time

How are we installing device driver as a package, for the very first time so is not listed in device manager, and only has .inf .cat, .sys and dll file type in it ?

:)

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 12, 2019
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Installing device driver as a package for the very first time

Ethernet Driver is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

If you have not yet tried this then I suggest you to follow this step to test if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the Network Adaptor.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the default device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Installing device driver as a package for the very first time

1. Installing device driver as a package for the very first time - Similar Threads - Installing device driver

2. Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package.": I am trying to install the Realtek Driver but got an error: No Driver was supported in this driver package. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  3. Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package.": I am trying to install the Realtek Driver but got an error: No Driver was supported in this driver package. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  4. Unable to Install Driver - "No driver was supported in this driver package."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Install antivirus for the first time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install antivirus for the first time: I have a doubt that my system has some virus. So i have decided to install antivirus. But i dont know how. Can you please help me out to install step by step...
  6. windows first time install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows first time install: on a new board I need w10 is there a way to get it free I was going to install win 7 then upgrade but the keybord and mouse won't work for the install but work fine for the bio submitted by /u/yanceycat [link] [comments]...
  7. Before installing a device or a driver, first ....

Before installing a device or a driver, first ....: I'm not seeing how a driver package which includes additional software components for a hardware device can become installed successfully in version 1903, but the drivers don't do a thing. Autoruns lists two (verified) INF files associated with the device which should contain...
  8. Device Driver updated a different MS package this time after reinstall

Device Driver updated a different MS package this time after reinstall: I installed 1909 from 1903 and then my All in One printer stopped working. It's a non-compatible Lexmark Pro700 Series inkjet. I've used the printer in Windows 10 ever since the new desktop OOBE purchase. It's always been connected via a USB cable and worked fine. Lexmark got...
  9. First time installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    First time installation: I am putting windows first time did i need product key or jst iso for installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-time-installation/2e96ae21-e303-4c08-a200-2bb785d17123
  10. Make a windows installer driver package

Make a windows installer driver package: G'day guys, TL;DR; How do a make a package of 5 or so windows 10 drivers that the a client can install? I have a Windows 10 application that I'm shipping to clients independently of the tablet it will be installed on. The client is responsible for installing the...