Windows 10: Installing Device Driver

Discus and support Installing Device Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to install a Ben Q Monitor Driver. The instructions state: On your computer, have your driver files extracted into a empty folder. Inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bmzrrq, Feb 5, 2021.

1. bmzrrq Win User

Installing Device Driver

Trying to install a Ben Q Monitor Driver.

The instructions state:

On your computer, have your driver files extracted into a empty folder.

Inside of the Operating System of the Windows 10 System , would a person just use the available point and click tools available in the Microsoft Edge browser and change the download location for the instance of the driver to a empty folder in usr folder.

OR

Is there a specific folder, directory, or location that foreign drivers are accessed by the Operating System.

Thank you.

:)

bmzrrq, Feb 5, 2021
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Feb 5, 2021
  3. "An error occurred during the installation of the device: The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry." while trying to install USB drivers on Windows 10

Hi Iasha,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any yellow exclamatory mark for the drivers on Device Manager?

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, download the latest chipset drivers, install them manually and check if it helps.

Installing the latest chipset drivers will help you to install the drivers for USB ports.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install drivers:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the USB device on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Installing Device Driver

PnP device audio driver don't install

Hi Matheus,

To better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you receive any error message when you install the driver?
    • Have you tried checking the updated driver in the manufacturer's website?
    In the meantime, we suggest you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • On the pop-up window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Installing Device Driver

1. Installing Device Driver - Similar Threads - Installing Device Driver

2. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  3. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  4. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Installation of device drivers

Installation of device drivers: Hello everyone, Actually, I need to install the bluetooth adapter device driver for my 7th generation laptop. Please assist me further.Lenovo Intel I3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-device-drivers/a7188ad1-172b-4641-922e-8af93544f7ea
  6. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  7. USB device driver installation

USB device driver installation: Windows 10 pro, 1903, 18362.418 I cannot find a way to install older-than-current drivers. I am trying to change into older drivers for a USB device; a Asus USB-AC68 wifi adapter. 1st try: I uninstall the device and then install the Asus provided installation package. Still...
  8. Device driver software installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device driver software installation: Keep on getting error messages to finish installing software. I go into Security and Maintenance and I'm constantly getting the following info:- Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\newdev.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH...
  9. manually install device driver

manually install device driver: PC isn't automatically picking up a new device...how do I manually install a device driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-install-device-driver/1366fd37-5da6-44c5-ba4c-b3934eb914cf
  10. Device refuses to install driver

Device refuses to install driver: Recently I encountered a problem with my built in speaker on my HP laptop. I began investigating with sources and all and i noticed that while troubleshooting is installing a driver to the device(In this case a Audio Device) the events tab on its properties has shown the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the driver installation file for this device is missing

2. how to download print drivers in windows 10 microsoft.com