Windows 10: Installing different OS without removing Windows 10

Discus and support Installing different OS without removing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Installing different OS without removing Windows 10

If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go back to it, or would W10 remain on the HDD in another partition and can be safely retrieved? Thanks .

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018
  2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 30, 2018
  3. GoFigureItOut Win User
    Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing different OS without removing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing different without

2. Move W10 MBR OS to GPT OS without re-installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move W10 MBR OS to GPT OS without re-installing windows: Hi folks Following on from the previous thread in this section there is a way to move an MBR installation to a UEFI W10 installation without re-installing windows. 1) Get KYHI's recovery disk -- it's free and has all required programs on it as well as a load of other...
  3. HD installation / Windows 10 OS

HD installation / Windows 10 OS: My laptop HD died. After I install a new one, will Microsoft 'automatically' boot up the original Windows 10 OS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/hd-installation-windows-10-os/e392a25b-de56-41a5-a072-bda3819f9f55
  4. Windows 10 OS Install

Windows 10 OS Install: Trying to update OS from W7 Home Premium to Windows 10 OS I've tried multiple times without success-each time I've gotten thru the "Getting Ready"-"Downloading Windows 10"-"Verifying Download"-"Creating Media" Once I get to "Getting Updates" it just spins and spins....
  5. Can I Perform a clean install using a different OS build?

Can I Perform a clean install using a different OS build?: Like clean install from OS build 17xxx with a build 18xxx I lost my installation media after moving up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-i-perform-a-clean-install-using-a-different-os/85e9f7a4-7bb8-4b41-8490-5fb440b18977
  6. Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?: When I got the update for my Windows 10 Pro 10240 build 10240, the update were mentioned as Wondows 10 Pro 1511 build 10586. But when the updates were downloaded and installed, I looked into system information which mentioned as Windows 10 Pro 10586 build 10586. Are these...
  7. I've installed Windows 10 Pro on my Mac OS Sierra without Bootcamp but

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've installed Windows 10 Pro on my Mac OS Sierra without Bootcamp but: I've installed Windows 10 Pro on my Mac OS Sierra without Bootcamp but the wireless network isn't showing up. The wireless netork isn't showing up in Device Manager. Can anyone assist me. 97469
  8. Windows 10 installed without permission!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 installed without permission!: I reserved, a log time ago, Windows 10 for my Desktop but never activated it nor set a date for activation after an aborted upgrade to 10 on a laptop shortly after the 29th July. Yesterday evening, I booted up my Dell Desktop (running 8.1), entered my password and Windows...
  9. Wiping my PC can I Install windows 10 without Prior Win OS?

Wiping my PC can I Install windows 10 without Prior Win OS?: Hello Everyone, Once or twice a year I wipe my whole PC and it is time to do another one. I usually install a full version of XP then upgrade to win 8.1. Do I need to still do that or can I just pop in Windows 10 Bootable disc to start the re installation process? If that...
  10. Remove Old OS

Remove Old OS: I was running 7 and wanting a fresh install for 10. I created a new partition and installed 10. Now after a bit I'd like to format the old partition where win 7 is running but I'm afraid the boot manager still resides on there. I've gone into system configuration and into the...