Windows 10: Installing different OS without removing Windows 10

Discus and support Installing different OS without removing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Installing different OS without removing Windows 10

If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go back to it, or would W10 remain on the HDD in another partition and can be safely retrieved? Thanks .

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing different OS without removing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing different without

2. How do I remove Windows completely to install a different OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove Windows completely to install a different OS?: I was wondering how I would completely get rid of windows on my computer so I can install a new OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-windows-completely-to-install-a/a74dc5f5-4f52-4f52-876a-0aef8953d4f9
  3. How do I remove Windows completely to install a different OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Windows completely to install a different OS?: I was wondering how I would completely get rid of windows on my computer so I can install a new OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-windows-completely-to-install-a/a74dc5f5-4f52-4f52-876a-0aef8953d4f9
  4. How do I remove Windows completely to install a different OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install ISO backup with different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install ISO backup with different OS: I use image backup to an ISO file for my desktop computer that has Win10 OS. I want to purchase a new laptop but they only come with Win11 OS but I want to keep using Win10. Can I install the ISO image with Win10 OS onto the new laptop,? Do I need to remove the Win11 OS first...
  6. Install ISO backup with different OS

Install ISO backup with different OS: I use image backup to an ISO file for my desktop computer that has Win10 OS. I want to purchase a new laptop but they only come with Win11 OS but I want to keep using Win10. Can I install the ISO image with Win10 OS onto the new laptop,? Do I need to remove the Win11 OS first...
  7. Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.: I want an empty windows 10 laptop. I currently have the windows 10 home edition. The laptop was bought having a windows 8 probably. Is there a way to remove everything except the windows 10 itself. I'm afraid manually removing files won't do....
  8. Installing the OS on a different portion to apps

Installing the OS on a different portion to apps: Hello I plan to install a 1TB NVMe SSD, to the MB M.2 slot, if I partition this to say 250GB / 750GB and put the OS user profiles etc on the smaller partition and games apps on the larger, would this impact on speed in any way ? It’s to allow me to make an image backup,...
  9. Wipe HDD without removing Windows OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wipe HDD without removing Windows OS: Hello, I want to completely wipe my HDD clean without removing my Windows 10 from it. Is there a way to do this? As I have lost my disc for windows and do not want to buy another copy of it. Thanks submitted by /u/AlexRichh [link] [comments]...
  10. Multiple different OS on removable disks on a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple different OS on removable disks on a computer: I have just installed Win 10 Pro 64 bits onto a removable disk which slides into a sata caddy on a new machine. I understand that in some way Microsoft knows that the OS has been used and will not allow the key to used on another machine. I don't know if this is recorded...