Installing different OS without removing Windows 10

Discus and support Installing different OS without removing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go back to it, or would W10 remain on the HDD in another partition and can be safely retrieved? Thanks .

:)

Mr Ed, Jun 30, 2018
  2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 30, 2018
  3. GoFigureItOut Win User
    Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing different OS without removing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing different without

2. Can I Perform a clean install using a different OS build?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Perform a clean install using a different OS build?: Like clean install from OS build 17xxx with a build 18xxx I lost my installation media after moving up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-i-perform-a-clean-install-using-a-different-os/85e9f7a4-7bb8-4b41-8490-5fb440b18977
  3. Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build: Hi guys, I have recently finished my first build and powered it up, installed windows to my SSD and downloaded most of the drivers/Ultility from Gigabyte’s website for my mobo. However I am getting very frequent BSOD errors with differeing texts. For example some were...
  4. Different installers for Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different installers for Office 365: I'm using an Office 365 ProPlus subscription provided by my institution. On the office download page, the default choice is an installer with the following filename: "Setup.X86.de-de_O365ProPlusRetail_[...]_TX_DB_b_64_" This seems to be for 32 bit office, though I'm not sure...
  5. After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens: Hello, I received a new laptop and do as i usually do and do a clean install of windows 10 pro. Everything is running well but when i attempt to set the lock screen background image there seems to be an issue. For example the image i set for my lock screen is applied when i...
  6. Different installs - different user names

in Windows 10 Support
    Different installs - different user names: Over time I had a few retail licenses for Windows 7(seven) Pro and one Windows 10 x64 retail. In the Windows Explorer->Help->About, they show different users under licensed to. One old (blabla at hotmail) and one new (blabla at outlook.com) They are both correct. I don't...
  7. Two installs, different results

Two installs, different results: Hi I have two PC's with W10 Pro, fully updated. When I click the Start button there is a most used section, on one PC there is a list showing the most recent targets, on the other just the program is shown. Why the difference and how do I get the recent targets to...
  8. Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?

Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?: I have two computers that both got free upgrades from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. Would it work to swap the hard drive from one to the other, then update drivers as needed? I've done that countless times with Windows 3.0 through XP. Haven't tried it with Vista and later. People...
  9. Different errors when trying to install windows

Different errors when trying to install windows: Hi guys, I'm having some trouble installing windows 10 on an asus x200ca. Linux installs perfectly, so I think the drive isn't completely ruined but I always get some error on the final step of the windows installation. When I download the iso from the actual windows page,...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after installing Ubuntu to a different drive

Windows 10 won't boot after installing Ubuntu to a different drive: So, here is my problem: I tried to install Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS to an old HDD I have (let's call it HDB) while maintaining my main OS (Windows 10) on my main HDD (let's call it HDA). The problem is that after I installed Ubuntu to HDB my Windows 10 (which was on HDA) wouldn't...