Windows 10: Installing Driver Doesn't Work

Discus and support Installing Driver Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. It used to be installed on a computer running Windows 7. I just hooked up the scanner. When I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lindalouk, Jan 8, 2020.

1. lindalouk Win User

Installing Driver Doesn't Work

I have an Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. It used to be installed on a computer running Windows 7.

I just hooked up the scanner. When I tried to download the driver using Windows automatic search for the drivers function, it told me that no drivers are available.

I went to the Epson website. I found the correct driver and downloaded it. When I click the file, it starts off saying its an Epson scanner file, but then it says it is installing Family Tree Legends FTL. FTL is a genealogy program I installed that does not work with Windows 10. I uninstalled the program. I ran CCleaner. I restarted the computer. I downloaded the file again. Every time I go to extract the files, it does it as an FTL file. I then ran a different registry cleaner Wise, and that did not help.

I called Epson and explained the situation. They told me to talk to Dell or Windows.

I am really up a tree! I need to get this scanner functioning. I don't know how else to troubleshoot this. Thank you.

:)

lindalouk, Jan 8, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Installing Driver Doesn't Work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 8, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Installing Driver Doesn't Work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 8, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Installing Driver Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Installing Driver Doesn't

2. Windows Installation doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installation doesn't work: Hi! I just got a new laptop, and i am trying yo install Windows 11 on it, but when i go into Custom section, it says there are no Hard Drives detected, in bios is says that i have a Non-Raid SSD the specs of the SSD is PCIEG3x2 NVME. I have also tried the Windows 10 setup....
  3. USB driver doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB driver doesn't work: Hello I don't know where to post this for help so I'm posting this here. I purchased 2 days ago a new USB driver it was working well until it stopped working for no reason. It doesn't appear in file explorer but does appear in device manager. I tried everything I could found:...
  4. USB driver doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB driver doesn't work: Hello I don't know where to post this for help so I'm posting this here. I purchased 2 days ago a new USB driver it was working well until it stopped working for no reason. It doesn't appear in file explorer but does appear in device manager. I tried everything I could found:...
  5. USB driver doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work: So.....I am currently running Windows 10 on a Surface Book 3. I got a new microphone, and was trying to install the drivers to get it to work. So I installed:Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7BE, NUC8i5BE, and...
  7. Windows installer doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installer doesn't work.: I can't start Windows installer service. When i try:Error: Services, Windows can't start windows installer in local pc Error 87: Parameter is wrongIf i try to launch any *.msi;Windows Installer service couldn't be accessed. This happens if the windows installer is not...
  8. W10 installer doesn't works.

W10 installer doesn't works.: Hi there, i just downloaded the installer. I try to install w10 on my pendrive 32GB but the installer said "downloading" then stops at 0%. I don't really know what to do, i searched on the web but i didn't find out anything. Please help me! I already try to do the same...
  9. Windows Installer doesn't work

Windows Installer doesn't work: i tried download itunes but it doesnt opening i tried download visual studio it gets me error every try i leart problem was windows installer but i cant fix it can anyone help? (sorry for bad english grammer)...
  10. Windows installer doesn't work?

Windows installer doesn't work?: So I'm having a bit of a weird issue. I've installed windows 10 on a few computers before and have never run into this until now. I recently bought an ssd to boot my OS from, but running the install media usb doesn't seem to work right. I only used windows 10's install media...