Windows 10: Installing drivers to an offline Windows installation

Discus and support Installing drivers to an offline Windows installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows installed on 2 different drives. When booted into one drive, I want to be able to install drivers on the other installation which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Win8.1Broke, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Installing drivers to an offline Windows installation

I have Windows installed on 2 different drives.

When booted into one drive, I want to be able to install drivers on the other installation which is offline without booting into it.

I understand I can do this for a Windows Image, I just don't see if or how this translates to an already installed system with the typical directories setup.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/add-and-remove-drivers-to-an-offline-windows-image

Can I specify the Windows directory as an image? e.g.

dism /Image:OfflineDrive:\Windows /Add-Driver /Driver:C:\drivers /Recurse

Is it not possible to run exe installations on another drive? e.g. I download NVidia graphics driver installer and I want to have it install on an offline installation rather than my currently active C:\ drive.

:)

Win8.1Broke, Nov 30, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Installing drivers to an offline Windows installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Installing drivers to an offline Windows installation

1. Installing drivers to an offline Windows installation - Similar Threads - Installing drivers offline

2. Windows offline installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows offline installation: While trying to install windows 11 offline showing this msg is there any solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-offline-installation/65751d10-d994-417a-8386-661d419d6420
  3. Windows offline installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows offline installation: While trying to install windows 11 offline showing this msg is there any solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-offline-installation/65751d10-d994-417a-8386-661d419d6420
  4. Offline installer for Microsoft Clipchamp.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline installer for Microsoft Clipchamp.: Our Microsoft Store is disabled. We would need to get the Microosft Clipchamp for a Business use. But it needs to be tested by our infosec team and for that I'm looking for the Offline Installer file for Microsoft Clipchamp. Is it available in the Microsoft website? I tried...
  5. Offline installer for Microsoft Clipchamp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline installer for Microsoft Clipchamp.: Our Microsoft Store is disabled. We would need to get the Microosft Clipchamp for a Business use. But it needs to be tested by our infosec team and for that I'm looking for the Offline Installer file for Microsoft Clipchamp. Is it available in the Microsoft website? I tried...
  6. Microsoft Store Offline Installer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Offline Installer: Hello Dear Microsoft Community,I don't have the Microsoft Store app in my windows 10 editionAnd I check everywhere for an offline installer because it's not in my windows files at allso if anyone has an offline installer please let me knowthanks and have a great day :...
  7. Install Language Pack Offline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install Language Pack Offline: Hello, Microsoft Store is not available in Iran and I have to install English language pack on the laptop of one of my clients, there. Is there any offline way to install it? Build: 19041...
  8. Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Wireless Printing Issue....printer offline, driver not installed: Before I go into it...here is what i have done so far with my setup. Using ISP provider router/modem All other devices in the home work fine wirelessly Old HP multi printer just stopped working (HP photosmart 7250) Network discovery is enabled in windows Firewall and all...
  9. windows 10 offline installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 offline installer.: Can I download the windows 10 offline installer? I want the installer how who downloads from chrome and after installing the required few nets about 0.5 GB. mins I want disk image directly from my browser....
  10. Offline installation of translate app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Offline installation of translate app: I would like to install translate app to a PC with no internet access and no provision to have one. Is this possible ? Please let me know the procedure for the same....