Windows 10: Installing Epic Browser on W10

Discus and support Installing Epic Browser on W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently reinstalled W10 on my Lenovo m/c thanks to a great deal of help from contributors to this community.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jogold1, Sep 15, 2019.

1. jogold1 Win User

Installing Epic Browser on W10

Hello,

I have recently reinstalled W10 on my Lenovo m/c thanks to a great deal of help from contributors to this community.

There's always a 'BUT:' I loaded Epic & the result is nothing like the browser on this W10 m/c. Where the 'umbrella' button & others appears on the genuine version there is a box with 'google' in it. There is another box near to the upper left of the screen with 'google' in it followed by 'search.'

I should be much obliged if anyone can tell me how to install the genuine version of Epic & tips on how to remove edge, xbox, etc. would a most welcome bonus.

I have tried Epic but their forum is locked.

Hopeful thanks,

JoG

ps I hope 'Devices & drivers' is the correct category!

:)

jogold1, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

question about Epic privacy browser

It's default install location should be: C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser\Application

I wouldn't use it, it's about 6 versions behind the latest secure Chromium release!

Edwin, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Tonyb Win User
    question about Epic privacy browser

HI all so i installed Epic Privacy browser, and i'm wondering if the darn thing installed right i don't see it in programs files folders not even the x86 one, on windows 10 pro does it not install like a typical program?? does it hide itself or something, who all is familiar with this browser that can tell me if it indeed installed right or if i should uninstall and re do it ???. for those that don't no what it is here is a link Epic Privacy Browser, a secure chromium-based web browser that protects your privacy and browsing history | a free VPN privacy browser

Tonyb, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Installing Epic Browser on W10

Looking for some Web Browser recomendations

ive got lots of browsers ..out of firefox, chrome, opera, k-meleon, edge, epic.. may i suggest vivaldi, powerful and fast. the other suggestion is opera neon, again fast! but it lacks addons. for privacy concerns like tracking etc, go with epic browser.

Pathfinder, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Installing Epic Browser on W10

1. Installing Epic Browser on W10 - Similar Threads - Installing Epic Browser

2. my Epics app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Epics app: will not load keeps crashing plus be for it stop working fortnite did not work and my labtop meat all the requirements should i get older version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epics-app/4711d469-4ef5-41f8-a693-c94d0fff987e
  3. Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games Launcher: I got this computer from my step dad, he got it from his insurance company. When I open Epic Games launcher I can see the logo but the rest is blank. Is there a file I need to remove? I really would love any suggestions *Moved from Virus and Malware forum by moderator*...
  4. Epic Games Launcher

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Epic Games Launcher: I got this computer from my step dad, he got it from his insurance company. When I open Epic Games launcher I can see the logo but the rest is blank. Is there a file I need to remove? I really would love any suggestions...
  5. Unable to download/install Epic game launcher, Error: “Problem with the windows installer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/install Epic game launcher, Error: “Problem with the windows installer...: Hi everyone, I have a problem with windows installer i wanted to download epic game launcher but when the download was about to start, it said "Problem with the windows installer pack. A DLL required to complete the installation cannot be run" What can I do? The problem is...
  6. Can anyone tell me about Epic Privacy Browser and why it's on my PC

in Browsers and Email
    Can anyone tell me about Epic Privacy Browser and why it's on my PC: I was going thru my startups today and noticed that there was a startup for an Epic Privacy Browser Installer today. When I checked further there's a folder in my AppData folder for it and it contains files and there are entries in my registry for it but when I go to control...
  7. trying to link MICROSOFT to EPIC GAMES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to link MICROSOFT to EPIC GAMES: my son plays Fortnite, on his computer, NOT Xbox!!! He bought Microsoft gift card to use on Fortnite and now we r told to link the accounts for him to receive the funds! its been 72 hours nothing has shown on his account. I cant see how to link a PC Microsoft account to...
  8. Epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic games launcher: [ATTACH] Any help would be nice, tried reinstalling and repairing epic games launcher but still nothing, have no idea how this happened and can't find any info on this error. I need my fortnite xD...
  9. Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Epic Games Launcher: How do I completely remove Epic Games Launcher that my 16 year old put on my laptop in attempt to install fortnite? One "hot" momma! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/epic-games-launcher/04425c34-4a8f-4318-a882-d8e323a97463
  10. question about Epic privacy browser

in Browsers and Email
    question about Epic privacy browser: HI all so i installed Epic Privacy browser, and i'm wondering if the darn thing installed right i don't see it in programs files folders not even the x86 one, on windows 10 pro does it not install like a typical program?? does it hide itself or something, who all is familiar...