Windows 10: installing external cd player to laptop

Discus and support installing external cd player to laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased an external cd player for laptop, but it doesn't recognize , can you help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RONESQUIVEL, Nov 10, 2019.

1. installing external cd player to laptop

I purchased an external cd player for laptop, but it doesn't recognize , can you help?

:)

RONESQUIVEL, Nov 10, 2019

2. connecting an external CD and DVD player to a PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The things you need to have is: Audio and video cables, Sound- and video-capture drivers compatible with the laptop.

How to Connect a DVD Player to a Laptop

• Download and install DVD player software compatible with Windows laptops.
    • Connect a DVD player to an older laptop by installing a PC memory card with a connection port or a video-capture card with USB. Video cards with a USB cable merely plug into the USB port on a laptop (no special wiring or programming is required).
    • Improve audio and video quality by connecting an older laptop to an external DVD-ROM drive via a USB port on the computer as an alternative to connecting a full-size DVD player. External DVD drives are almost universally plug-and-play, meaning the drive
      only needs to be connected to the laptop to start working automatically.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    cd/dvd player

Hi Jack,

For better assistance, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Are you using an external CD/DVD drive?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How did you know that your CD/DVD player was not installed? Did you receive an error message?

If you have manually uninstalled the driver, restart your computer. Once the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Nov 10, 2019
  4. installing external cd player to laptop

Unable to burn audio cd in Windows Media Player

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows media player. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run Windows Media player
    troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar next to
      Start icon, and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all option from the left side panel of the window,
    • Select Windows Media Player DVD from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to disable and enable the Windows media player by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Windows Media Player, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • Expand the Media Features option from the window, and uncheck the
      Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check the Windows Media Player option and check if the issue is resolved.

As a reference, click on the link below about Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

installing external cd player to laptop

1. installing external cd player to laptop - Similar Threads - installing external player

2. External drives reads as cd player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives reads as cd player: External hard drive is reading as a cd or DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-reads-as-cd-player/60d7ac29-7843-4e50-8269-caed5823f054
  3. external cd player won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external cd player won't play: I have an external cd player that will not play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cd-player-wont-play/e3457342-91fe-402e-be9a-dda0700cb09d
  4. external cd player won't play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external cd player won't play: I have an external cd player that will not play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cd-player-wont-play/e3457342-91fe-402e-be9a-dda0700cb09d
  5. external drive cd/dvd player installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external drive cd/dvd player installation: hi, please advise how to set up a new external drive cd/dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-cddvd-player-installation/74011b11-286d-4e2a-a09f-50887163dd15
  6. Rioddas CD/DVD external player

Rioddas CD/DVD external player: I am trying to use the Rioddas CD/DVD external player on my dell Inspiron 15 R in Windows 10. Can't get my computer to recognize the player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rioddas-cddvd-external-player/f5575d8e-51aa-4b75-bd8f-2e9ac8ad0156
  7. External CD player/burner

External CD player/burner: I have connected via USB a new CD burner. I can rip music, but it won't let me burn Connect a burner and restart the player. I've tried all of the suggestions, but it's not working....
  8. ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer

ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer: I checked the driver information and for both it gives me the following error message: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or...
  9. External DVD/CD player

External DVD/CD player: It will play CD's but not DVD's. How do I make it play DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvdcd-player/9ccb57e6-b782-4b1c-b3f2-0d74c0a00020
  10. Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player

Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player: Could anyone tell me how I can play and rip a CD from an external drive. My computer is a HP Pavilion and the external player is an LG portable DVD writer. I have ripped before but now cannot remember how to rip. Also I can't even play the CD that's in the LG player. Being...