Windows 10: Installing extremely slow

Discus and support Installing extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by squiidman, Oct 27, 2017.

1. squiidman Win User

Installing extremely slow

Tried moving thread but unable! See general support..

:)

squiidman, Oct 27, 2017

2. Build 10525 Install Failed

After a 30 hour install build 10525 was unstable and extremely slow. I have recently installed build 10532. 10532 installed in less than 2 hours and is performing extremely well.

CharlesPrincell, Oct 27, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Extremely slow game performance after installing windows 10

I expect your problem is that your laptop is not really suitable for Win10.

A lot of people have been seduced by the 'free' Win10 offer and have found that the 'upgrade'

on a marginally compatible machine reduces performance.

Sure it may run Win10, but graphics in particular can be a problem if there are no Win10 specific

graphics drivers available from the mfg of the laptop.

- Nvidia does have a few Win10 drivers, but these may not work on your machine as well as

the driver from the mfg of the laptop. Still worth a try before....

"Is there a solution or should install windows 7 again?" ... going back to Win7.

Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

Note that you will need to block Win10 from installing graphics drivers as well, or Win10 may replace

the driver you wish to install when you reboot before you get a chance to install your choice of drivers.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Two of many tutorials on how to roll back to Win7, found with a quick search -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

BossDweeb, Oct 27, 2017
  4. squiidman Win User

Unable to move/delete post...see general area

squiidman, Oct 27, 2017
  5. squiidman Win User
    Ok my bad, can you move post to appropriate thread area?

squiidman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing extremely slow - Similar Threads - Installing extremely slow

2. Extremely Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely Slow Wifi: Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using...
  3. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...
  5. Windows extremely slow after re-installing

Windows extremely slow after re-installing: Hi, hope you can help After getting the blue screen of death, I was advised to re-install windows on a USB, which I have done. But now windows is extremely slow, and nothing works: - Every time I reboot it takes about 30 mins to start up properly - Just clicking on the...
  6. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  7. Microsoft Edge extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge extremely slow: Has anyone else noticed Microsoft Edge being extremely slow in opening applications or loading web pages or is it just me? Sometimes it takes ten to thirty seconds to open webpages with the dreaded spinning circle. It would be a while before I could clean install due to lack...
  8. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...
  9. Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!: After fall creators bug am doing clean install of win 10 pro on all pc's in the house, as wasn't able to recover/save/get out of endles BSOD/GSOD loop. Still working on dual xeon workstation here, using standard windows creation usb in uefi mode. Clean install on ssd (samsung...
  10. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...