Windows 10: Installing extremely slow

Discus and support Installing extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by squiidman, Oct 27, 2017.

1. squiidman Win User

Installing extremely slow

Tried moving thread but unable! See general support..

:)

squiidman, Oct 27, 2017

2. Build 10525 Install Failed

After a 30 hour install build 10525 was unstable and extremely slow. I have recently installed build 10532. 10532 installed in less than 2 hours and is performing extremely well.

CharlesPrincell, Oct 27, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Extremely slow game performance after installing windows 10

I expect your problem is that your laptop is not really suitable for Win10.

A lot of people have been seduced by the 'free' Win10 offer and have found that the 'upgrade'

on a marginally compatible machine reduces performance.

Sure it may run Win10, but graphics in particular can be a problem if there are no Win10 specific

graphics drivers available from the mfg of the laptop.

- Nvidia does have a few Win10 drivers, but these may not work on your machine as well as

the driver from the mfg of the laptop. Still worth a try before....

"Is there a solution or should install windows 7 again?" ... going back to Win7.

Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

Note that you will need to block Win10 from installing graphics drivers as well, or Win10 may replace

the driver you wish to install when you reboot before you get a chance to install your choice of drivers.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Two of many tutorials on how to roll back to Win7, found with a quick search -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

BossDweeb, Oct 27, 2017
  4. squiidman Win User

Unable to move/delete post...see general area

squiidman, Oct 27, 2017
  5. squiidman Win User
    Ok my bad, can you move post to appropriate thread area?

squiidman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing extremely slow - Similar Threads - Installing extremely slow

2. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  3. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  4. Extremly slow browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremly slow browsers: Hi recently all browsers i use are really slow close to unsable, its not tied to internet since on my phone they work perfectly and not tied to the pc since all my games and app work good. I tired clearing cache and cookies and removing toolball and extesions. All browsers...
  5. PC extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC extremely slow: Hi,A few days ago my PC started running extremely slow, to the point where it would take several seconds to open a browser. I initially thought it was because of bitdefender as task manager showed it take a lot of memory. However, after uninstalling it the problem still...
  6. Internet Extremely Slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  7. extremely slow wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extremely slow wifi: I got a used surface pro 5i7 7660U, 256GB about two weeks ago. the internet worked fine and very fast..until I updated 25 out of date drivers through GetMyDrivers, that I PAID for. now, whenever I turn off Bluetooth, the wifi with work at the speed that it is supposed...
  8. Extremely slow Windows

Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  9. Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  10. Windows extremely slow after re-installing

Windows extremely slow after re-installing: Hi, hope you can help After getting the blue screen of death, I was advised to re-install windows on a USB, which I have done. But now windows is extremely slow, and nothing works: - Every time I reboot it takes about 30 mins to start up properly - Just clicking on the...