Windows 10: Installing free upgrade

Discus and support Installing free upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just curious, but I have 6 pc's slated for the free upgrade. How will you know which download is intended for each machine? 9085 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jackman33, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Installing free upgrade

Just curious, but I have 6 pc's slated for the free upgrade. How will you know which download is intended for each machine?

:)

Jackman33, Jul 26, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Installing free upgrade

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) What is the exact error that you receive when you try to upgrade to Windows 10?

I recommend you to refer to the Microsoft Help articles and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/install-upgrade-activate

I also recommend you to refer to the post of
    Suzy_G, posted on July 31, 2015 and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...olutions/a59d8a6a-18da-417b-93a6-7b6ab4d03896

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Installing free upgrade

Brink, Jul 26, 2015
  5. Jackman33 Win User
    I figured that out after I posted the note! Duh!

Jackman33, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installing free upgrade

1. Installing free upgrade - Similar Threads - Installing free upgrade

2. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  3. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  4. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  5. windows free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows free upgrade: i got a free upgrade online and went from windows 7 to 10. cant activate it no key how can i fix this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** any answers will help...
  6. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  7. Free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade?: I had a feeling this would have been asked already, but did a quick search and nothing came up: I was under the impression that the window (no pun intended) to upgrade to Windows 10 had passed a long time ago, but there are videos on Youtube etc that suggest you can still...
  8. Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question: To introduce myself, I am a 75 year old, grey haired wrinkly with a little computer knowledge but not too much. Please forgive me if this question seems trivial to some of you. Like many of you, I have the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 and, I intend to do it once...
  9. free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    free upgrade: do we know who long to expect the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8? will it be 29th? 8657
  10. Install 10 using a 'free upgrade' disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Install 10 using a 'free upgrade' disc: Having read a huge number of posts in this Forum, it seems that most (but not all) of the issues have arisen from upgrading via Download rather than installing from a Disc using a 'clean install'. I'm sure MS won't want to post out millions of 'Free upgrade' discs to those...