Windows 10: Installing from cd/dvd software

Discus and support Installing from cd/dvd software in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format. How can I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChristianNelson1, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Installing from cd/dvd software

I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format.

How can I do that?

:)

ChristianNelson1, Jan 20, 2019

2. Uploading CD's, DVD's and Software

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which software are you using to play CD, DVD?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to un-install/re-install the DVD drive deriver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Uninstall.

• Once you are done un-installing the driver restart the computer, it will automatically install the generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, try updating DVD/ CD-ROM drives
    and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Update.
    If the above method sis not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the DVD/ CD-ROM drives manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/ CD-ROM drives driver and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 you try install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 20, 2019
  3. CD/DVD Player Not Reading CD or DVD Disks

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

1. Press “Windows key + X”.

2. Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

3. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

4. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

5. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to uninstall and install the network adapter drivers as below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.

Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow
    the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Installing from cd/dvd software

CD/DVD not loading any of my pc games

Hi,  

This issue might occur due some problem with display drivers.

I suggest you to update DVD / CD drivers and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Expand DVD/CD ROM.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software
    Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Installing from cd/dvd software

1. Installing from cd/dvd software - Similar Threads - Installing dvd software

2. I want to install MYOB software from a CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install MYOB software from a CD.: Windows 11 will not let me Win10 was fine. I am the administrator of the account and it still won't let me install. This should be easy! Win11 seems to make it impossible to install and only wants to help with Microsoft products. The idea of Windows is to allow you to use...
  3. I want to install MYOB software from a CD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to install MYOB software from a CD.: Windows 11 will not let me Win10 was fine. I am the administrator of the account and it still won't let me install. This should be easy! Win11 seems to make it impossible to install and only wants to help with Microsoft products. The idea of Windows is to allow you to use...
  4. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  5. Change the cd from flash drive to CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change the cd from flash drive to CD/DVD: I have choosed the flash drive but i need the CD/DVD. Where can i change it again ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-cd-from-flash-drive-to-cddvd/44a041b9-a981-4c40-b04e-f4147e49b837
  6. Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10

Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10: I am having problems with my CD/DVD device on my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop Windows 10 no longer recognizes any CD/DVD media I insert. I won't go into the details about the problems since I had already opened an issue about this, and it was never resolved. There is a lot...
  7. cd and dvd

cd and dvd: can any one tell me how to format a cd or dvd in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-and-dvd/cbb85540-9e45-4c5e-adf0-db53aed81ad4
  8. Installing CD software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing CD software: I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and would like to install my old Word 97 and PowerPoint 97 software. but I keep getting a Error message that won't let me install. How can I install?...
  9. dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing

dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing: missing program software for my dvd/cd player/recorder when i updated to win 10 from win 7 the cyberlink software did not come up, how do i get it back...
  10. Boot from CD/DVD

Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956