Windows 10: Installing games from the store

Discus and support Installing games from the store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was given a notice that world of tanks blitz was updated. .When I tried to update it I was unable to do so. I was then having the idea that I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by stevie the great, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Installing games from the store

I was given a notice that world of tanks blitz was updated. .When I tried to update it I was

unable to do so. I was then having the idea that I would down load it from the microsoft store after uninstalling it in hopes of getting the new game update. No go because it will not install what is up and what can I do to get it installed.

* Moved from Research/Eyes First

:)

stevie the great, Jul 25, 2020

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Jul 25, 2020
  3. Games from store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to install or download the games from Windows Store.

• Are you getting any error messages when you try to install from the Windows Store?
    Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: Try a Windows store resetting.

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type wsreset and hit Enter.
    Windows store will reset and restart.

Check if the issue persists after the Windows Store restarts.

Step 2:
    Run a Windows app troubleshooter and check.

Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Note: Remove and Reconfigure the Microsoft account into Windows Store and also install all pending Updates using Windows Update and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Installing games from the store

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Installing games from the store

1. Installing games from the store - Similar Threads - Installing games store

2. Problem installing games from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem installing games from Microsoft Store: Hi, I bought Age of Empires II Definitive Edition about two months ago, lost wifi connection during the last update, and was told to reinstall the game to fix the problem that had occurred. However, the game was just removed and now when I click install nothing happens, it...
  3. game installing from store

game installing from store: so i had 20 gb left on my C: Drive and i want to switch it to where i can install on my 916 gb drive. How do I do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-installing-from-store/2856ee88-a5e6-4a1d-bc8e-082084ec1e61
  4. Cannot install game from windows store

Cannot install game from windows store: I purchased the new Tetris Effect Connected game on the microsoft store, but cannot install it. When I click install, there is a popup that says "Try again later. Something happened on our end" with no other information or options. It says that I own the game, I just cant...
  5. Can't install a game from the store

Can't install a game from the store: I bought Minecraft, installed it, and launched it, but it was stuck on the loading screen. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, but when I click Install, nothing happens....
  6. Unable to install games from the store

Unable to install games from the store: Split from this thread. I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing but i updated my PC again but i am facing the same problem....
  7. Installing a game from Microsoft Store

Installing a game from Microsoft Store: Yesterday I bought and redeemed a key for the "Age of Empires 2" game. After using the code, I was redirected to Microsoft Store, where I searched for the game. It said "You own this game" and I clicked on the "Install" option. The install started and stopped after 1 second,...
  8. Installing game from Microsoft store

Installing game from Microsoft store: Hi, I just bought minecraft from the microsoft store website. When I click install on my device. It comes up with “it looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your microsoft account. To install, sigh in on a device with your microsoft account” But i’m...
  9. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft Community, I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for help. I've recently picked up the Xbox Game Pass via the promotion: $1 for 3 months and was very excited to play Sea of Thieves...
  10. Apps and Games will not install from Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Games will not install from Store: apps and games download from store but fails when trying to install. I get error 0x80007005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-games-will-not-install-from-store/c2b6b291-ec8b-4eee-8007-bffc99f99ac9