Windows 10: Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems

Discus and support Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a kind of 2 in 1, but they are pretty similar as far as I know So I've tried to install 2 separate games Superhot: MCD and DOOM Eternal on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JaceSmith_100, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems

This is a kind of 2 in 1, but they are pretty similar as far as I know

So I've tried to install 2 separate games Superhot: MCD and DOOM Eternal on my D drive.

Sometimes I'll get an error code 0x87e0000f at a random time during download.

Other times where they do download all the way, I'll try to launch the game but it fails because it thinks the game is in my SSD.

I have tried restarting, changing everything possible to redirect to my D drive, and un-allocating and allocating space again on my drive. Installing these games on my SSD works just fine, but it doesn't have much space left so I'd like to use my D drive. Please help!

:)

JaceSmith_100, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Saus76 Win User

Installing games with Windows Game Pass Missing SSD?

Ive just got the gamepass for windows and am trying to install games onto the SSD drive I use for games. The problem is my Games SSD isnt listed, my other 2 SSDs and a WD Black hard drive are in the list though.

The ssd works and is listed in disk management, but if I got into the windows settings and storage it isnt listed there either.

Can anyone tell em why this is or whats going on please?

Saus76, Mar 22, 2021
  3. SSD as Boot Drive? How?

Well, I have Windows installed on the SSD, along with the drivers and browser. Now, I'm trying to install other stuff (Steam, games, etc.), but the mechanical drive isn't showing. I'm sure I missed a step?

Chosen Juan, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems

Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems

1. Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems - Similar Threads - Installing games non

2. Windows 11 USB SSD drive is causing problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 USB SSD drive is causing problems: I don't know if this is a cheap SSD drive. However it is a 6TB USB external drive. When I try to copy large Folders with Sub Folders, somewhere in the process, my Windows 11 computer just shuts down. I leave the room and when I return the power is off on my HP desktop...
  3. Windows 11 USB SSD drive is causing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 USB SSD drive is causing problems: I don't know if this is a cheap SSD drive. However it is a 6TB USB external drive. When I try to copy large Folders with Sub Folders, somewhere in the process, my Windows 11 computer just shuts down. I leave the room and when I return the power is off on my HP desktop...
  4. Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD: Hi, I want to install Win10 on a system with a NVME SSD, but the BIOS does not recognize the drive as a bootable device. I have already done this with Linux, just put the EFI Partition and the /boot mount point on the HDD and the root / and /home folder is on the NVME...
  5. Will cloning a fragmented hard drive onto a SSD cause problems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will cloning a fragmented hard drive onto a SSD cause problems?: I have a gaming laptop with a HDD, and I want to clone it to an SSD with Macrium Reflect. The problem is that it appears that my hard drive is nearing failure as it's constantly on 100% disk usage (even after doing every possible software fix), and when I use Window's...
  6. SSD drive problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD drive problem: Hello, I have an HP laptop with two drives: a 128 GB SSD C drive and a 1TB HDD D drive. When I start up my pc, I always get a notification that there is a problem with my SSD drive and I need to make a backup. When I'm gaming, sometimes my pc just freezes and I have to...
  7. Installing Microsoft Store games on non-Windows drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Microsoft Store games on non-Windows drive: How exactly does this work? Will the Microsoft Store make a protected WindowsApps folder on the drive and will removing the game remove that folder? submitted by /u/Ryanjtombs [link] [comments]...
  8. Is an SSD Drive Bad for Gaming?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is an SSD Drive Bad for Gaming?: Is it true that an SSD for gaming is a bad idea? I was told that constantly downloading games to it can wear down and shorten its life. It was then suggested that I buy a mechanical HD instead. What do you guys think of this? 56947
  9. ssd problem installing

ssd problem installing: hey everyone when i put this pc together i've built it with a m.2 950pro, install win10 from a usb, system is awesome. problem, i wanted to install the crucial for games, i know the m.2 shares pci-exp, but i've tried all the sata ports and new cables while using onboard...
  10. Installation problems on SSD

Installation problems on SSD: Hi there, I hope you guys can help me with a little problem I encountered while installing. I got a new Computer (new mb, a ssd, new cpu etc) and after assembling it I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the SSD via a bootable USB drive. Only the SSD, the dvd drive and the usb...