Windows 10: installing hevc extension error 0x80070005

Discus and support installing hevc extension error 0x80070005 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been trying to install HEVC extenstion on HP Pavillion Windows 10 for days. On every install, multiple browsers I always get error. Ox80070005... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JonathanWilber, Mar 16, 2021.

1. installing hevc extension error 0x80070005

I've been trying to install HEVC extenstion on HP Pavillion Windows 10 for days. On every install, multiple browsers I always get error. Ox80070005 codes. Done all the updates, upgrades. MS store is downloading other software fine but not HEVC.

HELP !

Thanks. Jonathan

:)

JonathanWilber, Mar 16, 2021

2. Cannot install HEVC Video Extensions

Hello,

I bought the HEVC Video Extensions for Windows 10. I am logged in to my computer with my Microsoft account and I see my computer in the "Devices" list of my Microsoft account. When I click on "Install on device" on the HEVC Video Extension page I get this
    message "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.". What am I doing wrong?

AndreasZiegler2, Mar 16, 2021
  3. HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Where are you getting HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer showing as temporarily unavailable?

If you want to install HEVC Video Extensions, then refer to

Microsoft Store

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 16, 2021
  4. manizzi Win User

installing hevc extension error 0x80070005

HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

Thanks for the reply. I am not refering to the HEVC Video Extensions you listed in the link.

I am refering to the HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer linked below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/h...urer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Why is it no longer available? Does MS plan to make it available again? It was available up until about a month ago.

manizzi, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

installing hevc extension error 0x80070005

1. installing hevc extension error 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - installing hevc extension

2. HEVC Extension appears to installed incorrectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension appears to installed incorrectly: Hello Team I have purchased and installed the HEVC extension to view 4k content on streaming platforms such as Netflix .Off late I've noticed that navigating to Apps-> HEVC Extension and clicking on the extended options three dots and selecting advanced options just crashes...
  3. HEVC Extension appears to installed incorrectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC Extension appears to installed incorrectly: Hello Team I have purchased and installed the HEVC extension to view 4k content on streaming platforms such as Netflix .Off late I've noticed that navigating to Apps-> HEVC Extension and clicking on the extended options three dots and selecting advanced options just crashes...
  4. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  5. HEVC Extension

HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  6. HEVC Video extension not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Video extension not installing: Hi,I am trying to view HEIC image files on my Windows 10 PCI installed HEIF extension from Microsoft Store, it installed properly, but still Photos app is showing only blurry images.Upon googling i saw advice to install HEVC Video extension too.I bought HEVC Video extension...
  7. HEVC Video extension not installing

HEVC Video extension not installing: Hi,I am trying to view HEIC image files on my Windows 10 PCI installed HEIF extension from Microsoft Store, it installed properly, but still Photos app is showing only blurry images.Upon googling i saw advice to install HEVC Video extension too.I bought HEVC Video extension...
  8. HEVC Video extension not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. HEVC extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC extensions: Microsoft downloaded HEIF and HEVC extensions to my laptop recently, but only HEIF was downloaded to my PC. Why do I have to pay for HEVC extensions for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extensions/7215b176-e82b-4276-b012-ec7e067419d2
  10. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC Extension: Hi, good day I have downloaded the HEVC extension but it is not launching and I am not sure why. Also, I have v video on my phone that I have exported to my laptop however when the videos are being played I am seeing a grey screen around the video and I am unable to see my...