Windows 10: Installing iCloud for Windows

Discus and support Installing iCloud for Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased iCloud for Windows on the Microsoft Store. But cannot install it. When I log into my Microsoft account, it recognises my PC (running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrendanHemming1, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Installing iCloud for Windows

I purchased iCloud for Windows on the Microsoft Store. But cannot install it. When I log into my Microsoft account, it recognises my PC (running Windows 10) as a device. When I go to the Microsoft Store, it tells me that I own the iCloud app. But when I try to install it I get a message saying "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." But I am signed into my Microsoft account on a device which is recognised. Maybe it is not "applicable" - but I can't see why - this is an app which is designed to run on Windows 10. Can anyone help?

:)

BrendanHemming1, Nov 29, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Installing iCloud for Windows

Icloud install

Hi

Thanks for replying

• Where did you download the iCloud?
    https://support.apple.com/en-

• 2. Were there any error messages?

No error messages on download but the below when trying to install

Installing iCloud for Windows de5e8cf3-2940-4999-a48b-e167d7a47c54.jpg

The is a problem with the Windows Installer package.

A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.

Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

• followed the trouble shooting steps via the 'properties' section of the programme application

Thanks

Chrispy929, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Installing iCloud for Windows

1. Installing iCloud for Windows - Similar Threads - Installing iCloud

2. iCloud for Windows did not install properly [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    iCloud for Windows did not install properly [Fix]: [IMG]Are you getting the iCloud for Windows did not install properly error message on your PC? Many Windows users have reported experiencing this error while setting up iCloud services and options on their computers. The full error message that is prompted is as follows:...
  3. error 1722 when trying to install iCloud from the Apple website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 1722 when trying to install iCloud from the Apple website: Hello! I download iCloud from the official Apple website. I initiate the installation and it gives me error 1722 “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.The installation is running a program that did not exit properly. Please contact technical support or the...
  4. error 1722 when trying to install iCloud from the Apple website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 1722 when trying to install iCloud from the Apple website: Hello! I download iCloud from the official Apple website. I initiate the installation and it gives me error 1722 “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.The installation is running a program that did not exit properly. Please contact technical support or the...
  5. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  6. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  7. OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed: Every time I try to open a file on my OneDrive account, I get the following popup error message. If I try to navigate through my OneDrive folders in Windows Explorer, the response time is between 20 and 30 seconds if it worksIf I uninstall iCloud for Windows, this issue goes...
  8. OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed: Every time I try to open a file on my OneDrive account, I get the following popup error message. If I try to navigate through my OneDrive folders in Windows Explorer, the response time is between 20 and 30 seconds if it worksIf I uninstall iCloud for Windows, this issue goes...
  9. OneDrive is slow and unusable when iCloud for Windows is installed

10. how to install icloud app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install icloud app?: have windows 11. Couldn't open iCloud app, uninstalled, when reinstalling I receive a error code 0X80073D05 need help to install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-icloud-app/3b7534ab-65fa-4fcf-8507-ff839ca74476