Windows 10: Installing iTunes.

Discus and support Installing iTunes. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to install iTunes I get the message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version that runs on your PC, check with the publisher" I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SkipjackLe Fevre, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Installing iTunes.

When trying to install iTunes I get the message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version that runs on your PC, check with the publisher"

I have tried the latest and a few older versions, same result.

Running Win 10, worked fine for years, problem began about Nov. or Dec.

:)

SkipjackLe Fevre, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., Jan 20, 2021
  4. RickC Win User

Installing iTunes.

iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Installing iTunes.

1. Installing iTunes. - Similar Threads - Installing iTunes

2. i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD: Hello.iTunes being a bundleware it is not moving from SDD to HDD showing error 0x80073d21. Additionally I am not getting any option to install it directly from the Apple site on my HDD. please help as i am not able to sync my phone on iTunesAlso, I have to opt for this option...
  3. i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am not able to install iTunes on HDD instead of SDD: Hello.iTunes being a bundleware it is not moving from SDD to HDD showing error 0x80073d21. Additionally I am not getting any option to install it directly from the Apple site on my HDD. please help as i am not able to sync my phone on iTunesAlso, I have to opt for this option...
  4. iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install: I have a strange issue with iTunes and am hoping there's a solution. I just purchased a new computer, a Dell XPS 8960, with plenty of RAM, etc. I have been running iTunes on Windows 11 Pro for a few years now and never had a problem on any of my PCs. I have been installing...
  5. iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install

iTunes stops after playing 2-3 songs - brand new computer with Windows 11 Pro - fresh install: I have a strange issue with iTunes and am hoping there's a solution. I just purchased a new computer, a Dell XPS 8960, with plenty of RAM, etc. I have been running iTunes on Windows 11 Pro for a few years now and never had a problem on any of my PCs. I have been installing...
  6. From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?: Hello,I did a factory restore on my computer, which has Windows 11. Usually, I download itunes directly from the itunes website, but today I was fiddling around with some new -- new to me -- Windows apps and contained within one of them was an itunes app, which I downloaded....
  7. From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?

From where did the itunes app come from on my newly installed Windows 11?: Hello,I did a factory restore on my computer, which has Windows 11. Usually, I download itunes directly from the itunes website, but today I was fiddling around with some new -- new to me -- Windows apps and contained within one of them was an itunes app, which I downloaded....
  8. iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that: I have a brand new version of windows 10 installed along with all updates. I downloaded iTunes via the app store. The app will launch and I signed into my apple account. However, iTunes does not show up on my start menu nor is there a desktop shortcut. The only way I can...
  9. iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that

iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that: I have a brand new version of windows 10 installed along with all updates. I downloaded iTunes via the app store. The app will launch and I signed into my apple account. However, iTunes does not show up on my start menu nor is there a desktop shortcut. The only way I can...
  10. iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store