Windows 10: installing legacy applications

Discus and support installing legacy applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the past I have been able to install legacy software on windows10. And in the installed software selection there was a selection that would search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by edkedk, Feb 6, 2020.

1. edkedk Win User

installing legacy applications

In the past I have been able to install legacy software on windows10. And in the installed software selection there was a selection that would search and make changes so the software run properly. Now I can't find that feature and it won't even start install fron the setup.exe file. What happened?

:)

edkedk, Feb 6, 2020
  2. 0pTicaL Win User

"Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, Feb 6, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 6, 2020
  4. installing legacy applications

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

installing legacy applications

1. installing legacy applications - Similar Threads - installing legacy applications

2. Application will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not install: I am aware that this question has been asked many times before but the answers seem to be different depending on the diffrent conditions that individuals have.I am receiving this message when trying to install a program. Any help would be gratefully received.Unhandled...
  3. Installing applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing applications: I have run 'STEAM POWERED' on windows 8 since 2015. Purchased new PC with windows 11, June 2022. Why now is Windows 11 blocking install of my STEAM account, in effect denying my access to my pre-purchased commodities. Now where would that power come from!? Link from denial of...
  4. Installing applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing applications: I have run 'STEAM POWERED' on windows 8 since 2015. Purchased new PC with windows 11, June 2022. Why now is Windows 11 blocking install of my STEAM account, in effect denying my access to my pre-purchased commodities. Now where would that power come from!? Link from denial of...
  5. install windows in legacy mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install windows in legacy mode.: Hey, i had installed windows 64 bit in my pc and now i wanna go reinstall 32 bit windows. i had installed windows in a whole drifferant boot mode "windows 10 64-bit" was its name and then after that in the bios a new "others" uefi mode had the same windows as the one in...
  6. Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application support ends today

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application support ends today: Our new modern browser, Microsoft Edge, debuted over a year ago and today can be found on hundreds of millions of devices. Last August, we announced that Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application support would end on March 9, 2021 as part of this transition to the new...
  7. Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?

Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?: I am running Win10/Pro x64 version 19042.804 or 20H2 At 81 I'm no longer interested in spending my limited remaining hours learning new razzle-dazzle software. I've finally given in and am moving to Win10 from Win7. I'd like to install legacy software for which I still have...
  8. Teredo tunneling application not visible in legacy hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo tunneling application not visible in legacy hardware: I am unable to locate the Teredo Legacy hardware from the device manager or anywhere in the Network adapters. I have been trying to play Grounded and the troubleshooting via steam brought me to here for Teredo Legacy Hardware. I turned off both my firewall and antivirus to...
  9. Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list...

Is it possible to add legacy applications to Defaults list...: I have an old Photoshop app (v.5.5) I've always used as the default to open .bmp, .jpg, .png and .tiff pics. Of course Win10 insists that I use their own 'Photos' app. Pshop isn't listed in any pic extension I look under. It sort of looks like in Settings/Apps/Apps and...
  10. Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586: This question I'm sure has been addressed many times, yes? I just made a purchase of a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1. The system is a pearl accept for the font display in the legacy applications and OS widgets. The only solution seems to be to adjust the font scaling and set...