Windows 10: Installing Linux?

Discus and support Installing Linux? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got an old dell xps 8100 desktop that has windows 10. I never use this desktop and basically don't even have access to it. So i like to try to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, May 8, 2021.

1. Installing Linux?

Got an old dell xps 8100 desktop that has windows 10. I never use this desktop and basically don't even have access to it. So i like to try to install linux on it. Anyone here done it and recommend it? I want to see how its like. I googled linux download and i see a few links off google but not sure which one it is.

:)

paulyjustin, May 8, 2021
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 8, 2021
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, May 8, 2021
  4. Installing Linux?

Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Installing Linux?

1. Installing Linux? - Similar Threads - Installing Linux

2. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  3. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  4. How to install Kali Linux on VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Kali Linux on VMWare Workstation: [IMG]VMWare Workstation is a reliable platform that helps you run Kali Linux seamlessly. This opens a world of possibilities for security testing, penetration testing, and learning about cybersecurity tools and techniques. In this article, we will guide you through the...
  5. How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox: [IMG]Are you interested in exploring the world of cybersecurity? Installing Kali Linux in VirtualBox is a fundamental step that offers a convenient and safe environment to do so. It is a specialized Linux distribution designed for digital forensics, penetration testing, and...
  6. How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12: So I had previously installed Debian 12 and decided to re-install windows 11, the computer came with windows 10 before Debian. My problem comes when I insert the Bootable drive, I have 3 partitions EFI - 512 MbDisk - 237 GB - GPT formatLinux Swap- 977 MbWindows installation...
  7. How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12

How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12: So I had previously installed Debian 12 and decided to re-install windows 11, the computer came with windows 10 before Debian. My problem comes when I insert the Bootable drive, I have 3 partitions EFI - 512 MbDisk - 237 GB - GPT formatLinux Swap- 977 MbWindows installation...
  8. cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux: I am using Windows 11 OS build 22631.3155 on a desktop PC. I was using Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL about two years without problem. I did a Windows Reset to remove malware and now WSL does not work. If I click on Start > Ubuntu the error message is...
  9. cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux

cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux: I am using Windows 11 OS build 22631.3155 on a desktop PC. I was using Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL about two years without problem. I did a Windows Reset to remove malware and now WSL does not work. If I click on Start > Ubuntu the error message is...
  10. How can i install windows 11 on my huawei laptop using linux ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i install windows 11 on my huawei laptop using linux ubuntu?: i had windows 11 on my laptop but i decided to convert to linux ubuntu then i had some issues that i could not fix and now i want to convert back to windows11. now i tried every way and it did not work can someone help me with this situation it is kind of urgent and thank...