Windows 10: Installing Lotus Smartsuite on new Windows 10 Machine

Discus and support Installing Lotus Smartsuite on new Windows 10 Machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When installing from a download on a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 I get the following error - "error 2709.offline join completion information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thwilsonjr, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Installing Lotus Smartsuite on new Windows 10 Machine

When installing from a download on a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 I get the following error - "error 2709.offline join completion information was not found". I found a complicated resolution that suggests it relates to a Windows update in 2014. This issue has been tracked to a problem with Microsoft Security update MS14-049. If this is in fact correct I need help finding the product code to whitelist.

See instructions suggested below:

RESOLUTION: We followed these steps to fix the issue:

1. Click Start , click Run , type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK .

2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer If the above key does not exist, create it.

3. On the Edit menu, point to New , and then click DWORD Value .

4. Type SecureRepairPolicy for the name of the DWORD, and then press Enter.

5. Right-click SecureRepairPolicy , and then click Modify .

6. In the Value data box, type 2 , and then click OK .

7. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

8. On the Edit menu, point to New , and then click Key .

9. Type SecureRepairWhitelist for the name of the key, and then press Enter.

10. Double-click the SecureRepairWhitelist key to open it.

11. On the Edit menu, point to New , and then click String Value . Create String Values that contain the product codes (including braces {}) of the products that have to be added to the Safe Recipients list. NOTE: The NAME of the String Value is the "product code" and the VALUE can be left blank. To obtain the product code for other MSIs, open the MSI by using the ORCA tool that is available in Windows SDK.

:)

thwilsonjr, Oct 17, 2018
  2. EwanCRT Win User

Installing Lotus Smartsuite on Windows 10

I have a new W10 laptop with an empty 2TB hard drive. I want to install Lotus SmartSuite (Millennium edition) on it. I have done this easily on both a W7 machine and my wife's W10 machine, via SETUP rather than AUTORUN. However with my new machine the CD
    finds that the C: drive has NEGATIVE capacity (C: -44556677 or the like) when the drive is being selected. The installation then processes normally but then fails with the message: insufficient capacity on C:

The problem of course is that Lotus works perfectly on the other W10 laptop ?!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

EwanCRT, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Will Lotus SmartSuite 9.8.2 work with Windows 10?

I've spent the evening trying to install SmartSuite 98.1 on Windows 10 64-bit Pro. Running Setup.exe hung. Running StartAutoRun.exe (called out in Autorun.exe) hung. But running the C54MKIE.exe file is working.

Thanks for the suggestion to try the alternatives. It got me past the problem.

LaurenceMarks, Oct 18, 2018
  4. warren982 Win User

Installing Lotus Smartsuite on new Windows 10 Machine

Lotus Smartsuite and Windows 10

I tried installing the Lotus SmartSuite Millennium 9.8 edition in all kind of ways on Windows 10 Pro and was unable to. But I was, for whatever weird reason, easily able to install the earlier version of SmartSuite 97, meant for Windows 95 and Windows
    NT, without problem. I only installed the Lotus Word feature, wanting to be able to print old forms or maybe read an old document (rarely). What's surprising is that this old version recognized all of my other drives and could save to them, which had been
    a problem with the latest SmartSuite Millennium edition on Windows 7. I'd advise to buy the older (SmartSuite 97) version for likely just a few dollars on Ebay and try it on your machine.

warren982, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Installing Lotus Smartsuite on new Windows 10 Machine

1. Installing Lotus Smartsuite on new Windows 10 Machine - Similar Threads - Installing Lotus Smartsuite

2. Lotus smartsuite and Windows - This works for me under Windows 10; will it, should I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lotus smartsuite and Windows - This works for me under Windows 10; will it, should I...: On my home desktop pcs, I have been using Lotus smartsuite - specifically Word Pro and Organizer - for many a year. I have just bought a new desk top pc Dell Inspiron, running home Windows 10, and have got the Lotus programs and data functioning happily on it. the pc is...
  3. Lotus smartsuite and Windows - This works for me under Windows 10; will it, should I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lotus smartsuite and Windows - This works for me under Windows 10; will it, should I...: On my home desktop pcs, I have been using Lotus smartsuite - specifically Word Pro and Organizer - for many a year. I have just bought a new desk top pc Dell Inspiron, running home Windows 10, and have got the Lotus programs and data functioning happily on it. the pc is...
  4. Activating Windows 10 after installing it on a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 after installing it on a new machine: In 2013, I bought a retail copy of Windows 8, and I installed it on a PC that I built. In 2015, I upgraded to Windows 10.In August 2021, I built a new PC. I wanted to transfer my Windows activation key from my old machine to my new machine, so I did the following: 1...
  5. Trouble installing Windows 10 on a new machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing Windows 10 on a new machine: I built a new computer over the weekend and I'm trying to install Windows 10 on it. I've purchased Windows 10 Pro and downloaded the .iso file to my MacBook Pro. I've tried to create the USB drive approximately 10 times using various techniques, but almost every time it...
  6. installing lotus smartsuite on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    installing lotus smartsuite on windows 10: lotus cannot install because it cannot find "English.msi" can anyone suggest a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-lotus-smartsuite-on-windows-10/c3afa497-313a-48f3-afe4-afd8d084740d"
  7. Installing Win10 on new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on new machine: Hey everyone, I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a blank 1TB hard drive intended for the PC being sold. I'm not entirely sure how to install the ISO on the blank hard drive so...
  8. Installing Lotus Smartsuite on Windows 10 - Information

Installing Lotus Smartsuite on Windows 10 - Information: Hi all I previously opened a topic about not being able to install Lotus Smartsuite (last edition) on a new build Windows 10 machine. After several abortive attempts I eventually gave up and installed an inferior application that could work with the files in a very basic...
  9. How to prevent auto launch of Lotus SmartSuite toolbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent auto launch of Lotus SmartSuite toolbar?: I loaded Lotus SmartSuite Release 9.8.1 onto my system with Windows 10, 64-bit operating system. How do I prevent the automatic launching of the SmartSuite tool bar, which appears at the top of the screen? 88322
  10. Switching Installations to a New Machine

Switching Installations to a New Machine: I have Win 10 installed on my current Dell mid-tower - I downloaded the Win 10 installer and retrieved the installer activation "key." But I just purchased a newer Dell tower with no OS. I want to wipe the drive and install Win 10 fresh, using this same key. I have no use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lotus smartsuite for windows 10

2. lotus smartsuite windows 10

3. lotus organizer windows 10

4. lotus smartsuite 9.8 windows 10,
  5. lotus smartsuite for windows 10 download,
  6. installing lotus 123 on windows 10,
  7. lotus smartsuite,
  8. lotus smartsuite for windows 10 hp,
  9. run lotus smartsuite on windows 10,
  10. installing lotus smartsuite on windows 10,
  11. how do i load lotus smartsuite on windows 10,