Windows 10: Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store

Discus and support Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've purchased software from the Store in-browser and went to install it only to discover my SystemAdmin blocked the app as well as the Xbox app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by groobis, May 15, 2019.

1. groobis Win User

Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store

I've purchased software from the Store in-browser and went to install it only to discover my SystemAdmin blocked the app as well as the Xbox app service (since I'm on Education Edition).

I am also unable to download it because my device is not "applicable" to download onto, though it is recognized. I've also verified the PC from another non-school User.

Is there a way to work around this and trigger a download? A shot in the dark, I know.

:)

groobis, May 15, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Introduces Online Store for the U.S.

Redmond-based Microsoft has quietly launched an online store today. It's real and comes without a big advertising campaign all over the world. Simply named Microsoft Store and previously available only in the UK, Germany and Korea, now the store invites all U.S. citizens to buy Microsoft products online too. The store has just started, and it offers an extended line-up of software and hardware products under the Microsoft brand. When it comes to software purchase, the store allows to either order the software and have it delivered to your doorstep, or directly download it after the moment of payment. Users who decide to take the digital download way will be permitted to re-download the product until the mainstream support for it end. Typically this is 5 years after the product is released. Also, you always have the option of copying the downloaded products to physical media if you want to have them available for as long as you need. The original product keys for all the digital downloaded software will be stored in your personal Microsoft Store Account alongside your purchase history so you can use it to re-install your software at any time. Finally, here's the link to the Microsoft Store, you can check it at any time.

Source: Microsoft Blog

malware, May 15, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 15, 2019
  4. Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store

Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store

1. Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store - Similar Threads - Installing Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything: My PC is on the latest OS updates and I own the game pass for the Microsoft store, despite the games having the play anywhere feature, they fail to download/install whenever i try to. Gives the message "Couldn't Install, We'll try again shortly" repeatedly until I cancel the...
  3. Microsoft Store not installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not installed: Today after the update. I found out that Microsoft store is not installed on my laptop. I tried looking for it in apps, I couldn't find it. I tried to install it via the power shell method but all i got was errors. I even tried to reset my laptop but The reset completed, then...
  4. Microsoft Store Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Installation Issues: I signed into my account on my computer, purchased a game and attempted to install it, despite having everything the installation stuff requires I'm greeted with this image again and again, I tried to restart the store itself, restart my computer and nothing worked, please...
  5. Download Software at Microsoft Store

Download Software at Microsoft Store: Dear, i bought affinity photo at Window store, but the download file still no responding. please help. Regards Ari https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-software-at-microsoft-store/b95eb8e5-5bcd-43da-af47-fb87d91db27f"
  6. No Microsoft Store Installed

No Microsoft Store Installed: My laptop doesn't have the Microsoft store app installed on it. Bought it used online and did a full restore on it. Has Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1607 on it. Cant find anything online on how to fix this. Any help is Appreciated Thanks...
  7. Finding software in Microsoft Store

in Browsers and Email
    Finding software in Microsoft Store: Presently on Windows 10 Google Chrome does not work (does crazy things). I understand that Google submitted Chrome to Microsoft and is somewhere in the Microsoft store. As far as I can see there is no search function in the Microsoft store. How would I find Google Chrome in...
  8. Microsoft store not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store not installing: I tried downloading a game but it isn't working. It installed and said I owned the game but every time I tried to down load it, it said there was an error. I have done this multiple times, logged in and out of my account and reset the app but nothing is working. This has...
  9. Using Install on my devices feature of Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Using Install on my devices feature of Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] If you use an Android phone, you must know that you have an ability to install any apps from the Google Play Store to your Android device directly from the webpage of Google Play on your PC. Well, Microsoft is [...] This post Using Install on my devices feature of...
  10. Microsoft Store block on downloads except for Facebook!

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store block on downloads except for Facebook!: Ok - so I have changed the Microsoft setting to None which means my child can not download anything from the Microsoft store. On checking this, by going into his user account that I have set up for him, I find that all downloads are being blocked - paid and free - except...