Windows 10: Installing Microsoft Store while in S Mode

Discus and support Installing Microsoft Store while in S Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is missing the Microsoft Store and it is running Windows 10 in S mode. How can I install the Microsoft Store app while in S mode, so that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GabriellaAllen, May 6, 2020.

1. Installing Microsoft Store while in S Mode

My laptop is missing the Microsoft Store and it is running Windows 10 in S mode. How can I install the Microsoft Store app while in S mode, so that I can then use the Store to switch out of S mode?

:)

GabriellaAllen, May 6, 2020
  2. Vijay Win User

Restore Microsoft Store application in Windows 10

After multiple attempts, I managed to get Store open by enabling Developer mode (as suggested by one of the posters here) and running the command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" in Powershell. Not sure if is exactly the solution since I've tried different steps suggested by different users in different forums (including uninstalling Store separately) but hey, I am not complaining!

Vijay, May 6, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 6, 2020
  4. Installing Microsoft Store while in S Mode

Re-Installing the Microsoft Store

Hi Wisedred,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In this scenario we would suggest you to perform these steps to Reinstall and Re-Register all Windows apps for all accounts.

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Open Microsoft Store and install the game.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check if you are able to open Microsoft Store and then install the game, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Installing Microsoft Store while in S Mode

1. Installing Microsoft Store while in S Mode - Similar Threads - Installing Microsoft Store

2. Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!: Been trying to switch out of S Mode on a Windows 11 following the instructions in Windows Support "Switching out of S mode in Windows" unsuccesfully, when I click on the link that redirects to the Microsoft Store, I get the following error:"Try that againSomething happened on...
  3. Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!: Been trying to switch out of S Mode on a Windows 11 following the instructions in Windows Support "Switching out of S mode in Windows" unsuccesfully, when I click on the link that redirects to the Microsoft Store, I get the following error:"Try that againSomething happened on...
  4. Microsoft Store and S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and S mode: My laptop is currently in S mode and the Microsoft store is missing. I've tried numerous things and video suggestions and updating. I've spent hours trying to solve this problem and for some unknown reason power shell isn't even opening. Please if anyone has any advice or...
  5. Microsoft Store and S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and S mode: My laptop is currently in S mode and the Microsoft store is missing. I've tried numerous things and video suggestions and updating. I've spent hours trying to solve this problem and for some unknown reason power shell isn't even opening. Please if anyone has any advice or...
  6. Microsoft store and S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store and S mode: I reset my laptop because it was starting to get beyond slow and when I restarted it, the first thing I tried to do was reinstall Chrome. It told me that I have to turn off S Mode to install it so I went to do that but when I clicked go to the store and it said "You'll need a...
  7. Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode: I have recently bought a new laptop that has Windows 10 Home in S mode. Apparently, it just started in S Mode. I need to switch S Mode off. In order to do this, you have to go to the Microsoft store for the free switch off. I tried switching off; however, nothing happens when...
  8. S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken: Hi Guys, I’m on Windows 10 in S mode. There is a problem with my Microsoft Store and one possible fix is to run a PowerShell comnand. To get PowerShell, I need to get out of S Mode so I go to the Microsoft Store to get the S Mode Switch. But I can’t get the switch because...
  9. Microsoft Store/S Mode problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store/S Mode problem: About 2 weeks ago, I purchased a new Surface Go (primarily for when I travel). There are a few apps that I could not install because they were not in the Microsoft Store. When trying to switch out of S Mode, the store just came up with a blank screen. Quite a large number...
  10. Microsoft Store and S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store and S mode: I just received a brand new laptop, and I'm already having issues. So I'm in windows 10 home in S mode at the moment, and if I attempt to disable S mode by any means, the windows store just comes up with a white screen. The windows store itself works perfectly fine, it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i download zoom in the s mode