Windows 10: Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store

Discus and support Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am stuck on the Microsoft Store when I try and download an app. Any app I try and download just says "Starting Download" and doesn't change or start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JABG, Sep 27, 2019.

1. JABG Win User

Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store

I am stuck on the Microsoft Store when I try and download an app. Any app I try and download just says "Starting Download" and doesn't change or start a progress bar. Then, it will tell me download failed and it will try again. I tried to run "wsreset" through an adminastrator command prompt and nothing happened after an hour of waiting.

:)

2. minecraft windows 10 not installing?

Hi Xpsychonauticon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the game doesn't get installed as it should.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the issue specific to this game?
    3. Are you referring to Minecraft app from Windows Store?
    4. Are you able to install other apps from the Microsoft Store?
    5. Are you able to uninstall the app?

However, let us follow these methods and check if that makes any difference.

Method 1: If your answer to the Q-5 is No, then suggest you to follow the steps from this article to

fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    . Once the steps are done, remember to restart the PC.

Method 2: To uninstall the app that is downloaded from the Microsoft Store, refer to the steps from this article.

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-uninstall-reinstall-game-windows-10

Further, suggest you to ensure that the correct Microsoft account is used. To do this follow the steps provided by
    Shafeeq_Khan’ from this thread to check if that works
    for you.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Thank you for the information. It seems that the system still detects the beta version you've first downloaded. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you uninstall Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta to your computer, and reset the Microsoft Store app by performing
    the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Once you're done, kindly sign in your Microsoft account again to the Windows Store app and try to install Minecraft: Windows 10.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Installing Minecraft through

2. Cannot install Minecraft for windows through the windows microsoft store application or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Minecraft for windows through the windows microsoft store application or...: I have buyed the game for my kids, after all the stupid installation using Minecraft launcher have the same issue over and over :Something happened on our end....not details or what the hell happen, just Something happened on our end over and over, uninstall, repairs, updates...
  3. Cannot install Minecraft for windows through the windows microsoft store application or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Minecraft for windows through the windows microsoft store application or...: I have buyed the game for my kids, after all the stupid installation using Minecraft launcher have the same issue over and over :Something happened on our end....not details or what the hell happen, just Something happened on our end over and over, uninstall, repairs, updates...
  4. Cannot install Minecraft through the windows microsoft store application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Minecraft through the windows microsoft store application: Hello, I've found that anytime I want to install Minecraft for both the Bedrock and Java edition whether standard or deluxe, anytime I wish to install it seems to work at first before the prompt "Something happened on our end, please try again later", this so far has been...
  5. Cannot install Minecraft through the windows microsoft store application

Cannot install Minecraft through the windows microsoft store application: Hello, I've found that anytime I want to install Minecraft for both the Bedrock and Java edition whether standard or deluxe, anytime I wish to install it seems to work at first before the prompt "Something happened on our end, please try again later", this so far has been...
  6. I purchased Minecraft through the Microsoft store and it's not showing up as installable...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I purchased Minecraft through the Microsoft store and it's not showing up as installable...: I purchased Minecraft using PayPal about two months ago and it never showed up anywhere and isn't installable. I'm FURIOUS that Microsoft not only stole my money, but has NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT ANYWHERE to help figure this out. I made a claim on PayPal and they denied it, but...
  7. Microsoft Store will NOT install Minecraft for Windows 10

Microsoft Store will NOT install Minecraft for Windows 10: I have tried everything. Reset the store. CMD commands. Powershell commands. I have tried it all but nothing I do seems to allow me to download via the Microsoft store. Every time I try it gets held up at the Stating Download phase and never moves past this. Is there...
  8. Microsoft store not installing Minecraft

Microsoft store not installing Minecraft: So, I know the laptop I'm using is a hp stream. but I made it so It'll install new microsoft store apps to a usb. there is also a sd card there to help with updates and things. but is there a way to fix the store problem? I'm trying the trouble shooter right now, but if...
  9. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Minecraft installation in Microsoft store: I purchased minecraft from the windows store, But It wont download Instal button is in active. I can press but nothing happen. ***Original Title: Minecraft in windows store***...
  10. Windows 10 Minecraft bought through Microsoft store.

Windows 10 Minecraft bought through Microsoft store.: Hello all! So I'm trying to install a texture pack but there is no %appdata% folder belonging to minecraft, nor is there an option to "open resource pack folder" in the game. From what I can tell, I am running the bedrock version of the game. Is there any way to put a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft game stuck at atrsting download on Windows 10