Windows 10: Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number

Discus and support Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am not able to install Minecraft on an older custom built desktop that does not have a serial number. I also have a store bought laptop and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Josh27185, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Josh27185 Win User

Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number

I am not able to install Minecraft on an older custom built desktop that does not have a serial number. I also have a store bought laptop and have successfully been able to install Minecraft. I first registered the laptop in my microsoft account as one of my devices. And then installed minecraft.When I try to add the older custom built computer to my devices the interface requires a serial number which I do not have. I have tried to use the commands to see what the bios serial number value is, but that is blank. I was hoping there might be an option like such as Install the device I am current

:)

Josh27185, Oct 19, 2021

2. Serial number

The serial number should be on a sticker somewhere on the desktop.

You can also go into the BIOS to find the serial number.

This link has the info, it says laptop, but should be the same steps:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00034791

tamara_sadel, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number

After installation, hard drives display same serial number

Microsoft thinks 2 hard drives on same computer are same hard drive.- Original Title

I have 4 hard drives in my computer with 1 OS loaded on each one.

Two Hard Drives have Windows 10 on them.

One Hard drive is Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10.

One Hard drive is Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10.

But on my Microsoft Account it says:

For Windows 7 Upgrade:

• DESKTOP-5NKAE33
    • MacPro4,1
      • Serial #: H09292S84PD
      • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10586.420)
    For Windows 8 Upgrade:

• MacPro
    • MacPro4,1
      • Serial #: H09292S84PD
      • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10586.420)

Do you see they have the SAME SERIAL NUMBER? How is this even remotely possible?

RichardGilbertson, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number

1. Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number - Similar Threads - Installing Minecraft custom

2. Surface to custom built desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface to custom built desktop: I purchased the Surface Laptop Version 1 x64 in 2016 with Win 10 preinstalled. I was previously using a Dell xps x64 running Win 7 pro and Office Pro 2016 included Access and Publisher off the shelf. I reinstalled the Office Pro 2016 on the Surface running Win 10 - no...
  3. Surface to custom built desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface to custom built desktop: I purchased the Surface Laptop Version 1 x64 in 2016 with Win 10 preinstalled. I was previously using a Dell xps x64 running Win 7 pro and Office Pro 2016 included Access and Publisher off the shelf. I reinstalled the Office Pro 2016 on the Surface running Win 10 - no...
  4. Surface to custom built desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I set a serial ID on my custom built desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a serial ID on my custom built desktop.: I recently built my desktop and I need to assign a serial ID to it because come spring semester my college's WIFI will not allow access to any device not registered with a mac address and Serial ID in case the device is stolen. Since I would like to continue using my pc at...
  6. How can I set a serial ID on my custom built desktop.

How can I set a serial ID on my custom built desktop.: I recently built my desktop and I need to assign a serial ID to it because come spring semester my college's WIFI will not allow access to any device not registered with a mac address and Serial ID in case the device is stolen. Since I would like to continue using my pc at...
  7. How can I set a serial ID on my custom built desktop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number

Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number: I am not able to install Minecraft on an older custom built desktop that does not have a serial number. I also have a store bought laptop and have successfully been able to install Minecraft. I first registered the laptop in my microsoft account as one of my devices. And then...
  9. Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number: I know this question has been asked a lot but I have yet to see it actually answered. My son has a custom built PC for gaming. We purchased Minecraft from the Microsoft store and when it asks where to install it, the PC is not listed because it has no serial number. The...
  10. BSOD on custom built desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on custom built desktop: I keep on getting BSOD frequently with different stop codes. I would appreciate any help since this computer is essentially not usable. Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19041.508) Thanks! 165175