Windows 10: Installing MS Solitaire Collection WITHOUT switching over!

Discus and support Installing MS Solitaire Collection WITHOUT switching over! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I run the MS Solitaire Collection on Win8.1 and login using my local account. So, I tried to download this from the Windows Store and, after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark Phelps, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Installing MS Solitaire Collection WITHOUT switching over!

I run the MS Solitaire Collection on Win8.1 and login using my local account.

So, I tried to download this from the Windows Store and, after I supplied my MS account credentials, it wanted to switch me over to running from my MS account -- which I do NOT want to do.

Is there a way to download and install this without switching over?

:)

Mark Phelps, Dec 20, 2014

2. Solitaire not working on Windows 10 Pro

Switch to Linux. Not only does it have a superior solitaire collection. Solitaire doesn't demand you be online or sit through ads to play it.

Windows 10 is a load of advertising garbage, I'm done with MS.

JamesHudson59, Dec 20, 2014
  3. Reinstalling Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10

I tried method 1 with no change on the Windows Store for MS Solitaire Collection status on the store.

Then WSReset.exe. again no change.

After using the powershell scripts, "Store" stopped working - loads briefly then crashes (this is the same thing that was happening to MS Solitaire Collection)

I browsed to the store and found the solitaire collection ready to "Get App" but now that Store is not working, I can't (re)install it.

Allen

Allen E.Holecek, Dec 20, 2014
  4. pbcopter Win User

Installing MS Solitaire Collection WITHOUT switching over!

Instead of switching, select the option to sign into each app separately instead (which says Not recommended) in blue at the bottom of the window.

pbcopter, Dec 20, 2014
  5. OK, I'll try that. Thanks

Update: It worked -- kind of. It's trying to sign me into an Xbox -- which I do not have.

My mistake -- this is the XBox version of the game, not the Windows 8 version. Will have to research this separately as simply copying over the files and folders from Program Files does NOT work.

Mark Phelps, Dec 21, 2014
  6. OK, I'll try that. Thanks

Update: It worked -- kind of. It's trying to sign me into an Xbox -- which I do not have.

My mistake -- this is the XBox version of the game, not the Windows 8 version. Will have to research this separately as simply copying over the files and folders from Program Files does NOT work. Isn't the Windows 8 version the one that uses your Xbox account? All of my Windows 8 games used my Xbox account.

FuturDreamz, Jan 27, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Do you mean these ones (from W7 actually) but run fine on W10.

There's a drobox link somewhere on the W8 Forum where I posted a link of how to install these .

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installing MS Solitaire Collection WITHOUT switching over!

1. Installing MS Solitaire Collection WITHOUT switching over! - Similar Threads - Installing Solitaire Collection

2. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Solitaire Collection: Just recently the MS Solitaire Collection app started with these long ads and an option to pay money to get rid of them. This makes me so disappointed in MS that you have gotten so money hungry that you changed a perfectly fine app and loaded it with commercials that I did...
  3. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Solitaire Collection: I cannot start this program. I get an error code 104. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/443a1de8-87fd-4c16-a85f-4182502f4df5
  4. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection: This is now officially a pig, taking about 20% of my CPU and having delayed response. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/32e81856-8c58-47bd-b73a-ce454b504647
  5. Ads in MS Solitaire collection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ads in MS Solitaire collection: I just wonder, is there anyone out there who may have figured out how to remove/eliminate the confounded ads in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection? How annoying. Any help would be appreciated, I like the games, but do not need nor want the ads. Thanks...
  6. MS solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS solitaire collection: The games will not start up. Blue screen comes up with title and hangs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/95aa2d0c-cbb0-4ff6-becf-9fc02dd42c1a
  7. Games MS Solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games MS Solitaire collection: I am having trouble logging into Microsoft games (UK). I am getting a notification that There is trouble logging into this site and error code 124. I see that this was a problem in 2016, why am i getting this in 2019?...
  8. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Solitaire Collection: MS just changed the Solitaire Collection to a different version that I do not like. I have the Premium Edition. Is there a way to make the MS Collection revert back to the way it was before? I do not want to play for XP points and I do not want to play levels. I just want to...
  9. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection: MS Solitaire Collection Windows 10 Error Codes: If your error code starts with… 102 – Something isn’t quite right with the ads. Please also let us know about this. HOW??? There is no contact information....
  10. Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection?: Many seem to be saying this app has ads and you have to pay to stop them. Is this true? I have tried it, and after forcing it to stop talking xbox rubbish, it didn't seem to flick up ads. Looking to assuage my sister's worries! 15211

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to revert back to microsoft solataire collection