Windows 10: installing msi programs under Windows 10 home

Discus and support installing msi programs under Windows 10 home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We just got a new computer running Windows 10 home. I tried to install 2 third-party programs. Both have 64-bit MSI installers. In both cases, EVEN FOR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PPulay, Oct 3, 2018.

1. PPulay Win User

installing msi programs under Windows 10 home

We just got a new computer running Windows 10 home. I tried to install 2 third-party programs. Both have 64-bit MSI installers. In both cases, EVEN FOR THE FIRST INSTALLATION, I got the message that "Another installation is in progress". I am unable to stop or remove that installer. Both programs install correctly on Windows 10 Professional. This computer has a Optane disk cache. I am not sure whether the software will be able to use the Optane if I upgrade Windows.

Peter Pulay

:)

PPulay, Oct 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 3, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 3, 2018
  4. installing msi programs under Windows 10 home

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

installing msi programs under Windows 10 home

1. installing msi programs under Windows 10 home - Similar Threads - installing msi programs

2. Windows 10 PC Health Check Up Program MSI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC Health Check Up Program MSI: I can not download the program https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp because windows defender will not allow it to open.I have tried several different browsers the same thing happens with all of them. Only one of my computers would download and install the Windows 10 PC Health...
  3. Windows 10 PC Health Check Up Program MSI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PC Health Check Up Program MSI: I can not download the program https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp because windows defender will not allow it to open.I have tried several different browsers the same thing happens with all of them. Only one of my computers would download and install the Windows 10 PC Health...
  4. Windows 10 Home slow to install new programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home slow to install new programs: I am running windows 10 home. Every time I try to install a new program it takes forever for the install to startup. I will double click or right click and hit run. The cursor will just sit and spin for the longest time. Finally the programs install dialog will show up and...
  5. Windows 10 Home repair program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home repair program: Hello,I called on the Microsoft community to ask for an opinion in the sense of giving me a program to find the errors in the operating system and to fix them.Wait for response!Thank you!A quiet day!...
  6. Install msi program error: Error 1720.There is a problem with this windows Installer package .

Install msi program error: Error 1720.There is a problem with this windows Installer package .: [ATTACH] Install msi program error: Error 1720.There is a problem with this windows Installer package .A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Can't find any way to solve this fault, please give a...
  7. I can't install a program with extension .msi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install a program with extension .msi: Greetings all, I couldn't really find a perfect forum to put this in, sorry if I missed one. I d/l a program today from sourceforge.net - here's the file name. FFbatch_setup_1.6.6_x64.msi I don't see very many programs with .msi extension, but I've had them before and...
  8. I can't install a program with extension .msi

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't install a program with extension .msi: Greetings all, I couldn't really find a perfect forum to put this in, sorry if I missed one. I d/l a program today from sourceforge.net - here's the file name. FFbatch_setup_1.6.6_x64.msi I don't see very many programs with .msi extension, but I've had them before and...
  9. Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Programs That Use msi Installers: Running Windows 10 Home (creators update), and I am unable to install programs that use a msi installer (as opposed to exe installers). I googled this issue, and found this Microsoft Community post. I tried unregistering and reregistering the msiexec service, as it...
  10. Cannot install windows 10 on msi laptop

Cannot install windows 10 on msi laptop: Hello I just bought a new laptop (msi) without an os. I bought, downloaded and burned on a dvd the windows 10. The installation of the windows on the new laptop goes smoothly until I'm asked Where to install the windows. It gives me 2 options: Drive 0 Partition 1: FREEDOS...