Windows 10: Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

Discus and support Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peteb2018, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Peteb2018 Win User

Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed.

I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new ssd and what steps I need to take to do this?

Many thanks,

Pete

:)

Peteb2018, Nov 28, 2018
  2. DirectorC Win User

New PC DRM!

Copied straight out of the NFO.

DirectorC, Nov 28, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

New PC and Windows 10

If one is intending to buy a new pc from a source that builds to order, but installs an OEM version of windows by default, what would be suggested as a first step for the user?

For instance, should the user buy a copy of W10 professional and perform a clean install followed by the necessary drivers, software and user data?

Apologies if this is something already covered, I am looking for pointers to the latest guidance in that case.

John Brock, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

1. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC - Similar Threads - Installing registered copy

2. copying w10 to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    copying w10 to a new machine: I seem to recall a license for W10 allowing you to place the OS on two devices at once.My old machine is temporarily inaccessible and I have a new laptop I'd like to set up with the platform. How can I do this?...
  3. I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc: Hi, I have a PC with this configuration: Z390 aorus ultra motherboard, with i5 9600k, 16GB hyperx 3200 ddr4, rtx2070 ROG, and an 1tb 970evo ssd. I tries several times to install a brand new copy or the recent windows from usb drive but I always receive different BsoD. I...
  4. W10 Install not my pc

W10 Install not my pc: I am replacing a HDD for a friend of a friend is there anyway to install it without creating an account? I suppose kind of like when you buy one new.. It would be ready for the new info. Tia 165703
  5. How to register a file in W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to register a file in W10?: Recent purchase PC running W10-64bit [1809] but still not yet ready for the 1903 update! However...am seeing Runtime error 713 with a frequently used programme on other W10 PC "MSSTDFMT.dll missing" File search on the new PC confirms the file is missing ~~~ copied from the...
  6. Installing my registered copy of Wimdows 10 to my 2nd putor at homw

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing my registered copy of Wimdows 10 to my 2nd putor at homw: Hi there. If I already am running Widows 10 on my main putor at home can I install that to my 2nd home putor under that licence. Thanks, Rob M.....
  7. Registering my copy of windows 10

Registering my copy of windows 10: I heard there is a way to register windows OS so you can use it on a all new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/registering-my-copy-of-windows-10/4254797d-829d-47ba-9e6f-fd285eecd78e
  8. New install of W10

in Windows 10 Support
    New install of W10: Have just installed Windows 10 dual boot with Windows 7, so it uses Windows 7 credentials. What a pig's ear Microsoft has made of this. Can't install Firefox, can't set up my Hotmail account, can't install Tweekbit, in fact, can't install anything. Keeps wanting me to part...
  9. Moving Windows Install to New PC (W7 to W10)

Moving Windows Install to New PC (W7 to W10): I'm about to upgrade my PC soon and I decided that the OS should be upgraded too. I'm currently on W7 Pro x64 and I plan to get the W10 Pro x64. My concern is that I don't have a product key for W10 yet, but I heard that you can still install W10 even with a W7/8 product...
  10. New W10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    New W10 installation: Installed a couple hours ago seems to work quite well, but how do I find my computer as in win 7 , my drives etc??? 13512