Windows 10: Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

Discus and support Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Im installing a new motherboard along with new ram and cpu. Im keeping the same hard drive(s) but i am doing a clean install. My question is will my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ACESsiggy, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ACESsiggy Win User

Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

Im installing a new motherboard along with new ram and cpu. Im keeping the same hard drive(s) but i am doing a clean install.

My question is will my windows 10 key still work? I heard with new hardware it doesnt activate properly.

thanks in advance for any help!

:)

ACESsiggy, Nov 8, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Wile E Win User
    Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Account Suspended

Wile E, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

1. Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question! - Similar Threads - Installing motherboard clean

2. Clean Install Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Question: Hi All Do i just stick in a Ei.cfg or a PID into my flash drive sources folder prior to a clean install of 1809 or 1903 in the future? i know if i do a system clean install of 1809, then later upgrade to 1903, then i'll avoid i think the Reserved storage coming with it....
  3. Clean install question

Clean install question: About to do a clean install on a PC that has 10 on it and activated. It was a windows 7 machine that had the free 10 offer installed. Will it activate when the clean install is complete? I thought the key was embedded but not sure. When I get to where to install it, can I...
  4. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard: Hello everyone, I'm getting new Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-ZA170 Gaming K3-EU) and new SSD (SanDisk 120GB) tommorow. I've had Windows 10 x64 installed on my HDD until now and I'm planning to clean install it onto my SSD and remove it from HDD and use my HDD for pictures,...
  5. New 64bit clean install question

New 64bit clean install question: I would like to do a clean install on my wife's PC, going from Win 10 Pro 32bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit. However, she has multitudes of icons and software installed, making a clean install very difficult to say the least. I would like to copy her desktop, download folder,...
  6. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I have a slight twist on the clean install question. Could not find a clear answer on the forum or the internets. Win 7 pro computer (homebuilt) 1. Get current win 7 installation up to date and cleaned up. 2. Remove Win 7 OS SSD 3. Put in clean formatted SSD 4. Clean...
  7. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I read that a clean install rebuilds partitions and makes a recovery partition. My question is does it allow you to pick the size of the partition that Windows 10 is installed to ? I have a 1 terabyte drive but like to install in a 100gig partition. I think I will...
  8. Clean install question

Clean install question: I am about to do a clean install windows 10. The hard drive has 3 partitions and all on it is wacked. Should I pull the drive and make a single partition or will the install do it? 100595
  9. Clean install question.

Clean install question.: It's been stated that after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 or 8 you will be able to do a clean install of Windows 10. Does anyone know yet how this will happen? Will Microsoft provide a link to download the .iso or will it be a case of converting the esd to iso. I've...
  10. New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N

New Motherboard Clean Install Y/N: Running Windows 10 Pro Build 10166 Got a new Motherboard coming this week to upgrade my system the Motherboard is the only thing i am changing. Would you do a clean install using an ISO or use the Recovery option in Windows 10 to do a clean install or just power it up...