Windows 10: Installing new ssd drive in a friend's HP laptop..she doesn't have key

Discus and support Installing new ssd drive in a friend's HP laptop..she doesn't have key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; She doesn't have the box and what documentation she kept, there's doesn't appear to be a key listed/included. Furthermore, there is no sticker on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyQuick, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Installing new ssd drive in a friend's HP laptop..she doesn't have key

She doesn't have the box and what documentation she kept, there's doesn't appear to be a key listed/included. Furthermore, there is no sticker on the laptop. What is going to happen when I reinstall Windows on this new SSD? Will it ask for the key or recognize the laptop somehow?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jul 30, 2021
  2. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Can´t Access Windows 10 Instalation Media from Startup

Laptop: hp 15-b104sp

SSD: Kingston SSDNow UV400

My HDD seemed to be corrupt. Although I´ve managed through MS-DOS to copy the files I wanted to a USB Drive, I couldn´t access Windows nor any of the repair/recover options on UEFI.

So, I´ve formatted it (through MS-DOS) and I bought and installed a new SSD drive in my PC (checked the compatibility), and created a USB Drive with Windows 10 Installation Media.

When I boot the laptop, it doesn´t recognize this USD Drive.

After trying this, I´ve created a boot drive with Windows XP and I can access the installation, but when it asks to choose the drive to install on, it only has the option for the USB drive that contains the boot. It doesn´t recognize the SSD.

What else can I try to install Windows (any version) on my laptop?

JoãoVianaPT, Jul 30, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Installing new ssd drive in a friend's HP laptop..she doesn't have key

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Installing new ssd drive in a friend's HP laptop..she doesn't have key [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Installing new ssd drive in a friend's HP laptop..she doesn't have key

1. Installing new ssd drive in a friend's HP laptop..she doesn't have key - Similar Threads - Installing ssd drive

2. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  3. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  4. hp laptop doesn't see external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp laptop doesn't see external drive: my new hp dq5000 laptop running windows 11 does not see my seagate backup portable drive, my old pc running windows 8 sees the drive thus the drive must be working....
  5. hp laptop doesn't see external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp laptop doesn't see external drive: my new hp dq5000 laptop running windows 11 does not see my seagate backup portable drive, my old pc running windows 8 sees the drive thus the drive must be working....
  6. Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!: Hi - have put a new disk into the laptop HP and the old drive is connected via USB - I also have a USB Media Creation tool image on a memory stick.Whilst the laptop will boot to the USB with the new image on it, it wont install - I guess because it wants to check I have a...
  7. Replacing hard drive on HP Laptop with an SSD and would like to install Windows 10 on the SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing hard drive on HP Laptop with an SSD and would like to install Windows 10 on the SSD: Hello All I'm new here, and hope I don't embarrass myself asking this question... I live in the United Kingdom. I have an HP G6-2244sa laptop with an AMD E2-1800 processor 1.7GHz with 8GB RAM. The laptop originally ran Windows 8 but was updated to Windows 10 Home...
  8. Installing my old laptops SSD into my new laptop as a second drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing my old laptops SSD into my new laptop as a second drive: Hi all, just acquired a new Dell laptop. It came with a 250GB nvme SSD which is a bit small for my needs. It does however have the option to install a second SSD. My old laptop just so happens to have a 500GB Samsung Evo 840 SSD and it still works well. I have Windows...
  9. Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop: My laptop has a 512GB hard drive and I just bought 1TB SSD to use for the OS and all my games. There is an open spot for the SATA SSD so I know there will be no issues there. I want to know the procedure to move the OS to the new SSD while still having the hard drive for...
  10. Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD: I got a new Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI drive. I have a X99 motherboard but it didn't have the M.2 slot so I purchased an adapter to attach the drive and installed it into an open PCI slot. When I first installed it and boot up under the current Windows 10, I could see the...