Windows 10: Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..."

Discus and support Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is this SSD not showing in the "Where do you want to install Windows" area of setup? 116230 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyQuick, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..."

Why is this SSD not showing in the "Where do you want to install Windows" area of setup?

:)

AshleyQuick, Aug 18, 2018
  2. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Aug 18, 2018
  3. I`m unable to install anything from the app store: Code: 0x80072EFD

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the help!

I tried everything on the list, including the system restore, expect step 13, because I couldn`t find the appropriate software for my SSD. Nothing seems to work.

If I try to install anything from the store, I just get the same error message.

I already did everything from this post to be sure my computer is clean:

r/techsupport - [SUGGESTED READING] Official Malware Removal Guide

Any other suggestions?

JohnnyBigoode, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..."

An operating system wasn´t found. I tried to make a new clean installation wich should delete everything but the installation couldn´t complete due to an error.

Hi!

My win10 installation did work badly. I tried to make a new clean installation wich should delete everything but the installation couldn´t complete due to an error.

Looks to me that there´s no operatings systemon the disk and the disk is the only drive to select for boot order in BIOS.

Have I lost my ASUS Eee PC 1225B?

Do I have to install a new disk with the Windows 10 in the PC?

Lasse

OP - An operating system wasn´t found

Lasse Lukkarinen, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..."

1. Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..." - Similar Threads - Installing SSD getting

2. We couldn't find any drives solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find any drives solution: Hi Microsoft,I am dhanraj i am trying toh install win 7 on my win 11 pc but while installing the drives are not showing and in the down side, the written text is coming we couldn't load drive to get a storage something this type of text pls Microsoft help me with this...
  3. We couldn't find any drives solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find any drives solution: Hi Microsoft,I am dhanraj i am trying toh install win 7 on my win 11 pc but while installing the drives are not showing and in the down side, the written text is coming we couldn't load drive to get a storage something this type of text pls Microsoft help me with this...
  4. We couldn't find any drives solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage drive, click Load driver.

We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage drive, click Load driver.: Hi. I flashed Windows 10 iso onto usb stick using installation media. The laptop is Asus TUF Gaming F15. While following installation instructions it stopped at the storage part. There were no partitions visible and message said `We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage...
  6. We couldn't find any drives ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find any drives ?: problem when I put windows 10 on my E41-25 government laptop. I also tried sata raid but it doesn't work.pls help me to find drives kindly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-any-drives/be6537f2-c35a-47df-bff8-212d3ccabbcd
  7. We couldn't find any drives ?

We couldn't find any drives ?: problem when I put windows 10 on my E41-25 government laptop. I also tried sata raid but it doesn't work.pls help me to find drives kindly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-any-drives/be6537f2-c35a-47df-bff8-212d3ccabbcd
  8. We couldn't find any drives ?

9. Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives: I am trying to install a fresh Windows 10 on a computer that I am recently trying to restore. I have 2 USBs to work with. I am using one of them for the Installation Media and one as a storage device 32GB USB 3.1. I am able to boot into windows install, however when I reach...
  10. We couldn't find any drives.

We couldn't find any drives.: So i just built a brand new pc. However, when trying to install windows 10 i ran into an error where it could not detect any drives. I tried using opening command prompt and using diskpart and then list disk to see if it can detect it at all. I noticed that it found it but it...