Windows 10: Installing operating system

Discus and support Installing operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I'm building my first pc and I want to know if it's OK to use the same Windows 10 installation disk that I used on my present computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robert G May, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Installing operating system

Hi there I'm building my first pc and I want to know if it's OK to use the same Windows 10 installation disk that I used on my present computer, keeping in mind that I will be using the same production key. Thank you, Robert.

:)

Robert G May, Feb 23, 2020

2. need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Feb 23, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Installing operating system

' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Installing operating system

1. Installing operating system - Similar Threads - Installing operating system

2. A Question on how to install operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Question on how to install operating system: I am using windows right now on an ssd but I want to download windows on my 892 GB hdd as well but I do not know how Would u mind sending the step by step guide for laptop as I am using a laptop...
  3. Please install an operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please install an operating system: I don’t know what to do can someone please explain to me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-install-an-operating-system/34ac67c7-4ba6-47c5-aaff-276fc36abd2c
  4. Please install an operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please install an operating system: I don’t know what to do can someone please explain to me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-install-an-operating-system/34ac67c7-4ba6-47c5-aaff-276fc36abd2c
  5. Please install an operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Operating System installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating System installation.: HiI have Lenovo v14, Have available inside laptop SSD and HDD, Need to install OS only in SSD.Please tell me the step, Looking forward to your response. Thank you in advance!...
  7. Operating System installation.

Operating System installation.: HiI have Lenovo v14, Have available inside laptop SSD and HDD, Need to install OS only in SSD.Please tell me the step, Looking forward to your response. Thank you in advance!...
  8. Operating System installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. INSTALLING WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM

INSTALLING WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM: Hi Guys, Gals and Clever people, A little background first it'll only take a second...promise. I'm in the UK. Had a Japanese student next door who was returning home after finishing his university degree. He saw me on his way to the rubbish bin and asked if I wanted one of...
  10. How To install An Operating System

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To install An Operating System: Whenever I open my pc it shows "an operating system was not found " i have ubuntu in my penderive so how can i install ubuntu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-an-operating-system/95393385-11cf-4bba-9e62-feb2ff816ea0