Windows 10: Installing operating systems under Hyper-V

Discus and support Installing operating systems under Hyper-V in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I install MS-DOS in Hyper-V?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel John, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Installing operating systems under Hyper-V

How do I install MS-DOS in Hyper-V?

:)

Daniel John, Aug 4, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Installing operating systems under Hyper-V

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Installing operating systems under Hyper-V

1. Installing operating systems under Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Installing operating systems

2. How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.: Greetings. A friend of mine has this problem with Windows 11. A technician activated HYPER-V services on his OS via Windows Features. Something happened that the software he was trying to install to my friend, started to make another software to fail because the program can't...
  3. How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.: Greetings. A friend of mine has this problem with Windows 11. A technician activated HYPER-V services on his OS via Windows Features. Something happened that the software he was trying to install to my friend, started to make another software to fail because the program can't...
  4. Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V: [ATTACH]While booting a Hyper-V virtual machine, if you get No operating system was loaded error, this guide will help you fix the issue. You cannot install your OS on the virtual machine unless or until you fix this problem since it without the ISO, it won’t load the...
  5. Windows license under hyper-V

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license under hyper-V: Can I use my computer license, which is a windows 10 pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account, to activate Windows in a virtual machine built under hyper-V in that computer or have-I to buy a new one ?...
  6. Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V installation: I have Windows 10 PRO and just turned on Hyper-V to set up a virtual machine. Everything went well until I tried to install the operating system. I bought a version of windows 10 home for this purpose but its on a USB drive and the installation setup doesn't accept this...
  7. Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V: Hi there Cannot see any option on HYPER-V to INSTALL an OS ????!!. The management and configuration screens come up but HOW do I install the OS and Start the VM !!! Using WINDOWS 10 as HOST. Cheers jimbo 2281
  8. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...
  9. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...
  10. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...