Windows 10: Installing Outlook 365 on Laptop with Office 2019 Home and Student?

Discus and support Installing Outlook 365 on Laptop with Office 2019 Home and Student? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So we recently migrated to Office 365 in our organization. At present, I am using a personal laptop to work from home which has Office 2019 Home and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/broken_butnotstirred, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Installing Outlook 365 on Laptop with Office 2019 Home and Student?

So we recently migrated to Office 365 in our organization. At present, I am using a personal laptop to work from home which has Office 2019 Home and Student installed as a bundle. The only problem I had with this version of MS Office was the lack of MS Outlook. I am currently getting by with EM Client which, in my opinion, is a pretty great free alternative to Outlook.

I inquired with our helpdesk and was informed that we could install office (I was under the impression that our license only included Office for the Web).

Now to my questions. Is there a way for me to only download MS Outlook? Would it be possible to have Office 365 applications and Office 2019 applications installed at the same time? I don't want to uninstall Office 2019 since I don't want to be tied in to our organizations subscription (especially during this time).

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/broken_butnotstirred
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/broken_butnotstirred, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Office 365 for students

Its possible you need to download the software install files from the schools website if you purchased it through the school.

• Please uninstall any Office trial versions on your device before installing Office 365 Education.
    • Open the Microsoft Office 365 Web site.
    • On the Office in education screen, enter your IT Account NetID, followed by <university email
      address>
      and click Get Started.
    • Select I'm a student on the next page. You will be sent an email with instructions.
    • Follow the steps in the email. It is recommended that you use the same password as you use for other
      University services.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Installing Outlook 365 on Laptop with Office 2019 Home and Student?

2nd Installation of Outlook 2019 & Office 2019.

The only products that will show up on your Microsoft account are subscriptions - ex: Office 365. So for example: I've got Office 365 which shows up under my Microsoft Account under subscriptions. However I've also got both Project 2019 and Visio 2019, but since these two apps are NOT subscription based apps, they are not showing anyway in my Microsoft Account.

Additionally, since you basically have two different Office products - Office Home and Student, the non student version of Outlook 2019, they will show up as two different installs as shown. For my Office apps I have 3 installs - Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Note, Access), Project 2019, and Visio 2019.

As for reactivation of Office & Outlook 2019, I highly suggest you uninstall the apps prior to reinstalling the OS to avoid any activation issues once you reinstall the apps. You will also need your PID keys you used to activate in the first place.

Hope this helps.

sygnus21, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Installing Outlook 365 on Laptop with Office 2019 Home and Student?

1. Installing Outlook 365 on Laptop with Office 2019 Home and Student? - Similar Threads - Installing Outlook 365

2. Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019: Here is a situation. I have a PC now and I'm looking forward to buying a new laptop. The question is if it will be possible to activate it on my current PC, and after 2 months install it on laptop. Is it assigned to my IP or something? To sum up, let me know if it is possible...
  3. Office Home and Student 2019 - activate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Office Home and Student 2019 - activate: Hello....for years, I had an MS Office subscription I cancelled it in early January. Now retired, I don't need much more than classic office apps. I bought a new laptop at Costco and bought the Office Home and Student 2019. I followed instructions and downloaded the app....
  4. Office Home & Student 2019 Installation and License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Home & Student 2019 Installation and License: Can I install this software to multiple computer or do i need to buy another license for another computer even if I'm using the same Microsoft account on both computer? Any response will be appreciated, TIA!...
  5. MS Office Home and Student 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons. The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it. Is this an issue that should...
  6. MS Office Home and Student 2019

MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons.<br><u>The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it.<br></u>Is this an...
  7. MS Office Home and Student 2019

MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons. The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it. Is this an issue that should...
  8. download office home & Student 2019

download office home & Student 2019: Where do I download office 2019 Home & Student, I have the Key Code Alreadydon't need to buy again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-office-home-student-2019/ca9a9977-3773-48fa-a9c9-57545ccbdebe
  9. install office home and student 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install office home and student 2019: i get the error message oxcc43ns3 when I entered my product key and it won't install. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-office-home-and-student-2019/77332fb8-93bc-4f00-ad1a-b993c20f74f7
  10. Re-install Office Home and Student 2019 on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install Office Home and Student 2019 on new laptop: I installed Office Home & Student 2019 on a previous owned laptop. I wiped the laptop and uninstalled Office. Now, since owning a new laptop I am trying to install the same version (same product), however I am having trouble shooting. When I enter the product key at...