Windows 10: installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

Discus and support installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just wondering if it's possible to reinstall a previously purchased game onto a new hard drive, as the game i previously installed i can no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SymonMagnus, Feb 20, 2019.

1. installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

Just wondering if it's possible to reinstall a previously purchased game onto a new hard drive, as the game i previously installed i can no longer access due to having to replace old hard drive due to error / failure. Or would you have to purchase the game again?

Thanks

:)

SymonMagnus, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Can not install a game I've previously purchased

Hello Daniel,

Games that you bought from the Microsoft store can be downloaded and reinstalled. You can check your purchases in your order history. Please refer to this
    link. Make sure you're signed in using the same Microsoft account used to purchase the app in the Store.

First, try to sign out from the Microsoft Store app, then sign back in. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Store app.
    2. Click the user icon next to the search box in the top-right.
    3. Click the user account currently signed in.
    4. Select the account and click Sign out.
    5. Click the user icon next to the search box in the top-right.
    6. Click on Sign in.
    7. Enter your Microsoft account used to purchase Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, then click
      Sign in.
    Once your signed in using the right Microsoft account, reinstall a purchased game using the Store app by following the steps below:

1. Open Store icon. Click the (three dots), up by your account picture.
    2. Select My Library. you can view recently purchased as well as installed apps and games from the Store. To view all apps and games, click
      Show all link. See screenshot below:

installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive 28deacc7-4be0-40cd-b744-b53a59fb571e?upload=true.jpg

installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive cf473bc7-2ee5-4946-bd71-0136b028312a?upload=true.jpg
    3. To install a previously purchased app, click the download icon next to the app name (this will open the app page) that you want to install/reinstall and then click
      Install button to download and install the app.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Not able to Re-install previously purchased games

Thanks for the reply Andrew !

The games are there in my purchase history list. But there is not link against them to re-install. This is only for the games I purchased but instead they show "App is no longer published". All
    the other (free games and apps) have a button to re-install.

Please help me to re-install these games.

Regards,

Vaibhav Chaturvedi

Vaibhav_0309, Feb 20, 2019
  4. installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

1. installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive - Similar Threads - installing previously purchased

2. Steam Games not Launching after installing new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games not Launching after installing new hard drive: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop that I bought used back in March of this year. From about then to July, it was working fine and I could run games very easily without stress. Well in July, my hard drive started acting funky and wouldn't load when I would turn on my computer....
  3. Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install: I have windows 11, I just bought a 4tb ssd and clean installed windows on it, but when I logged in to the computer after setup it detects all my other drives but the 1tb ssd that had the OS beforeNow, it IS detected in disk manager, but I do not want to format it and loose...
  4. Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install: I have windows 11, I just bought a 4tb ssd and clean installed windows on it, but when I logged in to the computer after setup it detects all my other drives but the 1tb ssd that had the OS beforeNow, it IS detected in disk manager, but I do not want to format it and loose...
  5. new hard drive install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new hard drive install: Trying to install another hard drive into my PC, but I don't want to erase the data on the drive. How can I do this? submitted by /u/theflyingpanini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v65o3o/new_hard_drive_install/
  6. Installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  7. Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game.: Is there a way to re-download an online digital purchased game since my hard drive crashed or does it need to be re-purchased? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed-need-to-re-install-previously/73be115c-f56c-438a-a826-b26d1e844196
  8. Installing a used hard drive that has a previous version of Windows (7) on it to a new...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing a used hard drive that has a previous version of Windows (7) on it to a new...: I have a SATA hard drive (1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12) which was the C: drive in a Windows 7 PC that crashed. It was accidentally powered off during the boot up process and the Windows system files got corrupted. After that the PC would attempt to boot normally but never...
  9. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  10. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65