Windows 10: Installing printer

Discus and support Installing printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have to plug my printer into the front of the desktop computer due to short cord length. I do not know the port name and I do not know the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerryMiller3, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Installing printer

I have to plug my printer into the front of the desktop computer due to short cord length. I do not know the port name and I do not know the driver that should be installed for a Brother HL 2140 (older laser printer). How can I install this printer?

:)

JerryMiller3, Jan 26, 2019

2. Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Oct 10, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    Printer installation

Although the HP support forum is a good place to ask this question, I have some doubt whether you'll actually get a useful answer. As far as I can see, the main suggestion there is to completely uninstall and reinstall the HP printer software. That may
    or may not work. I didn't notice any positive responses to such suggestions.

If you're willing to take a few more diagnostic steps, perhaps I can suggest something.

How do you want to connect the printer to your computer: USB or wi-fi?

At this point, is anything related to this printer installed? For example:

• Click Start, type Programs and Features into the Search box, and press Enter. If there are any HP-related programs listed here, what are they?
    • Open Devices and Printers. If there are any HP devices shown here, please list them.
    • Still in Devices and Printers, select (click once) any item in the "Printers and Faxes" section. Now click the link at the top for "Print Server Properties." Select the "Drivers" tab. If there are any HP-related items shown here, please list them.
    • Select the "Ports" tab and scroll down past the LPT and COM ports until you get to FILE: . Please list any ports that appear after FILE:
    • Make sure that your OfficeJet 6962 is powered on. Click Start, type Fax and Scan in the Search box, and Press Enter. Click the "Scan" button at the lower left. Click "Tools" in the menu bar and then click either "Scan routing" or "Scan settings." Was
      the scanner selected or not?

4. Installing printer

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Installing printer

1. Installing printer - Similar Threads - Installing printer

2. Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2: We tried to connect to a shared printer installed in Win10 22H2 and we get Error 0x00000709. The connecting computer is also Win10 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x00000709-when-connecting-to-the-shared/24e5e217-a33b-4460-b42a-be78d32e6dc7
  3. Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2: We tried to connect to a shared printer installed in Win10 22H2 and we get Error 0x00000709. The connecting computer is also Win10 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x00000709-when-connecting-to-the-shared/24e5e217-a33b-4460-b42a-be78d32e6dc7
  4. Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  6. I can not install USB printer

I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  7. Hi, I have a new printer that I cant install on my computer. It is asking for my System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I have a new printer that I cant install on my computer. It is asking for my System...: I cant install my new printer on my computer. The printer is a Canon TS3160. I am using Windows 11 Pro. It is asking for my System Administrator username and password. Please help?...
  8. Hi, I have a new printer that I cant install on my computer. It is asking for my System...

Hi, I have a new printer that I cant install on my computer. It is asking for my System...: I cant install my new printer on my computer. The printer is a Canon TS3160. I am using Windows 11 Pro. It is asking for my System Administrator username and password. Please help?...
  9. How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP: I am attempting to install a second copy of a network printer on my Windows 10 Home machine using the steps outlined here:https://www.howtogeek.com/362957/how-to-install-the-same-printer-twice-with-different-settings-on-windows/The problem appears when I try to select the...
  10. How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP

How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP: I am attempting to install a second copy of a network printer on my Windows 10 Home machine using the steps outlined here:https://www.howtogeek.com/362957/how-to-install-the-same-printer-twice-with-different-settings-on-windows/The problem appears when I try to select the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 installing hp smart